Thread: No connection GCC v1.0.9.4

Default No connection GCC v1.0.9.4

I have had GCC v 1.0.9.2 running without issue. I have tried several times to install v 1.0.9.4 but each time it fails to connect. If I use the button to check devices, no devices- none at all - appear in Device Manager. If I check Device Manager manually ie without using the button in GCC then the Com port is the same as it was in v 1.0.9.2. I can go back and re-install v1.0.9.2 and I get a connection every time. I have tried installing v1.0.9.4 several times now and each time I cannot establish a connection.

Hello Tinpot,

when you open the Administrate....Connections dialog, is the list empty?
    Can't you add a new device instead of using the old one?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    Hello Tinpot,

when you open the Administrate....Connections dialog, is the list empty?
    Can't you add a new device instead of using the old one?
    Yes I have tried adding a new device but I still cannot connect. if I open Administrate... Connections dialog it shows the original connection and the new connection. I then tried deleting the old connection but the fault is the same. I then deleted the new connection and uninstalled GCC completely and then rebooted and reinstalled it but the issue is the same. It appears to find the device ( Profilux 4) as it creates a default connection but it still does not connect. I then reinstalled GCC 1.0.9.2 and everything works fine.

I've resolved this by using the comm port driver from this thread: http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...schl%E4gt-fehl

Default Firmware upgrade

Sorry. Wrong post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by palmlover; 15.03.2017 at 17:57.