Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ProfiLux 4 Release

Default ProfiLux 4 Release

We have set up a special forum for the introduction of the ProfiLux 4.

After nearly 8 years of ProfiLux 3, the introduction of the ProfiLux 4 represents a huge step for us, the complete hardware and most of the software has been completely redesigned.
    With several hundred functions and thousands of settings, it is not possible or useful to provide all the features known from the ProfiLux 3 right from the start, we will do this step by step.
    We rely on the help and constructive feedback of our users, so we have created this subforum.

We would like to ask the ProfiLux 4 users to post all ProfiLux 4 specific topics here, e.g.:

- Questions about new or (still) missing features
    - Feature Requests
    - Bug reports
    ... Others

Currently known limitations:
    - Webinterface only for WLAN settings - Webinterface will be continuously expanded
    - Webinterface still without password protection - coming soon
    - Email shipping - coming soon
    - Save / load settings in GCC - coming soon
    - Measuring range switching of the onboard sensors via GCC - coming soon, can already be made using the keyboard of the P4
    - myGHL initially for security reasons only read access - write access is activated as soon as we have observed that everything is running safely, see also post for this in the myGHL subforum
    - App for ProfiLux 4 - all "old apps" will be discontinued, soon a brand new universal app for all GHL devices will be launched

Please post only new and not listed topics here.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

How do I set up wifi, I cannot find it in the instruction manual or programming manual?

I cant find.

Timeserver for the clock. No LAN setting?
    Were is the settings for the poweroutage function? Not yet implemented?

Default Configuring the WiFi module

Quote Originally Posted by Mortie31 View Post
    How do I set up wifi, I cannot find it in the instruction manual or programming manual?
    For the WiFi configuration follow this thread:

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...he-WiFi-module
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    For the WiFi configuration follow this thread:

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...he-WiFi-module
    Thank you, all sorted now

Will remote Control be able for P4 through GCC?

Sincerely Lasse

Yes, it will be available with future firmware releases.

Vortech Module not working.
    Every time I go into Vortech Overview, and then try to open Vortech Pump 1, I get a communication error 50.

EDIT: Nevermind... got it to work. I think the pump wasn't assigned correctly.
    Last edited by d2mini; 18.02.2017 at 23:39.
    -dennis

A few bugs I'm noticing with GCC 1.0.9.4 (windows 10)

1. Under administrator I can remove devices I don't have to try to clean it up. However these changes are not saved and there is no dialog box to save changes. When I restart all the options are still there and the opening start window returns. In addition, if I "clean up" the icons in the bottom, these changes are not saved upon the restart.
    2. I'm getting consistent crashes when I navigate to the "Backup and Restore" menu. It tries to open it and then the program crashes pretty much every time.
    3. Having problems with the Measurement Data. I clicked "read and save" and it logged data and displayed it. When I went back to it, I pointed it to the same .txt file that was used before to save to, chose "append" and got an error that it was in an incompatible format. Therefore I am only able to graph the new data - it will not graph the old data. After a "read and save" I'm not able to point the data viewer at the old file.