Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A lot of Profilux 4 questions

Default A lot of Profilux 4 questions

Hi

My ProfiLux 4 arrived this evening. After some attempts I have it to work with WiFi. I have one 3.1 ex with external WiFi (netgear) connected to my network also. I learned some things and have some questions

1) By default – Wi Fi is disable. You need to use the GCC and an USB Cable – go in and manage the WiFi through Systen – communication first

2) if you do any change in the administration (of connections) field - You need to shout down the GHL Control Center and restart it. Otherwise you will have no connection.

3) The Search automatically option for Profilux 4 does not work. You have to have a fixed ip address (and close down and restart GCC if you change) But it still works for the P3 serie

4) The web page´s change of network setting for p4 does not work

5) Where is my bellowed web interface xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/overview.html and the other pages? Can I got this to P4 also? Use it every day and I do not want to use My GHL of different reasons

6) How do I configure redox and pH ports to be 2 pH or two Redox

Sincerely Lasse
    Last edited by Lasse; 06.02.2017 at 23:24.

1) By default – Wi Fi is disable. You need to use the GCC and an USB Cable – go in and manage the WiFi through Systen – communication first
    right

2) if you do any change in the administration (of connections) field - You need to shout down the GHL Control Center and restart it. Otherwise you will have no connection.
    wrong, closting the connection (see memo field in this settings page) is sufficient

3) The Search automatically option for Profilux 4 does not work. You have to have a fixed ip address But it still works for the P3 serie
    possible, we recommend anyway a static IP address for a safe and reliable connection

(and close down and restart GCC if you change)
    wrong, see above

4) The web page´s change of network setting for p4 does not work
    should work, I will forward this information to the developer

5) Where is my bellowed web interface xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/overview.html and the other pages? Can I got this to P4 also? Use it every day and I do not want to use My GHL of different reasons
    P4 will get a complete new web interface, we are still working on it

6) How do I configure redox and pH ports to be 2 pH or two Redox
    at the moment on the device itself (change measurment range)
    a future GCC version will support this also
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank´s for a fast answer

Try to explain 2 and 3

I´ll try to explain what I mean. This is not only valid for p4 - it is for P3 also. It happens when I try to switch between automatic modes to static IP. Not if I change between static mode to automatic mode. When I do the administration things I have no connection with the P4 or P3

I chose administration

Screen Shot 02-07-17 at 09.00 AM.PNG

P3 in this case

Screen Shot 02-07-17 at 09.16 AM.PNG

Change to static IP

Screen Shot 02-07-17 at 09.17 AM.PNG

Save, close and try with Connection

Screen Shot 02-07-17 at 09.19 AM.PNG

The result

Screen Shot 02-07-17 at 09.20 AM.PNG

Continue in next post

Sincerely Lasse

Post 2

Cont

Close down the software GHL Control Center and try again – Voila

Screen Shot 02-07-17 at 09.22 AM.PNG

If I haven´t close down the software – I´m not can´t either start my P4 but after a close down of the software – I´m able to do that also

Sincerely Lasse
    Last edited by Lasse; 07.02.2017 at 09:47.

Hi

A new question

I can´t find remote control in the GHL Control Center for P4. Will you include that in later versions of the software or will you make it possible to calibrate the sensors direct in the software?

Remote control is a huge help for me when I calibrate sensors attached to expansionboxes 50 - 100 meters away from the Control unit

at the moment on the device itself (change measurment range)
    Where do I found "measurement range" for pH and redox. I found it for conductivity probe under Sensor settings/Conductiv/ measurements range but did not finf any sub meny of measurements range for pH or redox?

Sincerely Lasse
    Last edited by Lasse; 08.02.2017 at 00:37.

Keeping to ask questions

Will it be possible with e-mail notifications from ProfiLux 4 in the future?

The problem showed in post 3 and 4 is also valid for older versions of GHL Control Center and as mentioned even for the 3.1 serie. Have the same problem with 1.0.8.7 and P3.1T - its not a P4 question only.. After configuration of fixed IP in the administration (Before connecting to ProfiLux) - I had to shout down GCC and restart the software. After that it works to connect to profilux.

Sincerely Lasse

Quote Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
    Keeping to ask questions

Will it be possible with e-mail notifications from ProfiLux 4 in the future?

The problem showed in post 3 and 4 is also valid for older versions of GHL Control Center and as mentioned even for the 3.1 serie. Have the same problem with 1.0.8.7 and P3.1T - its not a P4 question only.. After configuration of fixed IP in the administration (Before connecting to ProfiLux) - I had to shout down GCC and restart the software. After that it works to connect to profilux.

Sincerely Lasse

yes
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you Matthias

Do you have a answer to post 5 also.

Sincerely Lasse

this is the problem when too many questions/topics are mixed in one thread, some of them might be overlooked

Where do I found "measurement range" for pH and redox. I found it for conductivity probe under Sensor settings/Conductiv/ measurements range but did not finf any sub meny of measurements range for pH or redox?
    can be done on the device itself, future GCC version will offer this also

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    this is the problem when too many questions/topics are mixed in one thread, some of them might be overlooked

can be done on the device itself, future GCC version will offer this also
    Yea - that I understand - but I can´t find it at the device itself either. At the device I use the keyboard of the device to go to Sensor Settings. When I chose pH 1, or Redox 1 – I get the following submenus;

profilux.jpg

Activity
    Nominal Value
    Operation Hours
    Hysteresis
    Alarm
    Nocturn. Change
    Calibration
    Curr.act.value
    Op.mode.contr
    Signal filter

I´m sorry but I can´t find measurements range at the device itself either for this two sensors
    For conductivity and temperature I´m able to find them at the device itself.

In Profilux 4 programming guide I can´t find any description how to do a switch between redox or pH either. In chapter 5.13 only conductivity and temperature are described.

Screen Shot 02-14-17 at 09.55 AM.PNG

Can you please describe for me how I found it at the device itself, which menus and which submenus I have to use

Sincerely Lasse