Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: myGHL connection problem after changing router

Quote Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
    Attachment 8916

Edit * Are you referring to this ? As I can access the ghl like always have been able to like the screen shot show above but you can't change profilux settings

Thanks Pommie for responding I find networking a completely different language and I am really struggling with this.

I have a BT router smart hub, I can access the router fine I have now set a port forwarding rule under the ghl for port 81, however within the router I can two separate IP address.

TCP/iP information
    86.135.103.@#£

Hub gateway iP
    192.168.1.#£%
    Subnet

What one do I use ?

And then secondly do I use automatic iP or do I need to fill in the manual settting in ghl software as before it was always set to auto iP.
    OK, cool you have the Profilux web page and it appears you allocated an internal addres of 192.168.1.200
    Now you you to substitute that with your internet IP address and see if it works.

Sorry you need to make sure you router is forward anything on port 81 to the IP address that your profilux us using i.e 192.168.1.200 and yes you should assign a static IP address.
    Last edited by pommie; 15.02.2017 at 09:46.

IMG_1782.jpg I now can access my web server via the second option (externally) so I can access the ghl from outside my home network and this proves the network connection is working.

However it still doesn't connect to myGHL ........
    IMG_1783.jpg

OK well at least you have ruled out the network now so hopefully the GHL team can assist now.

BTW if you enter that external IP address into your iPhone you will be able to access your profiles via the internet from now on.

Thanks Pommie for all your support - its like pulling teath sometimes.

I just noticed now with port forwarding on 81 I can access the App via iPhone - This still doesnt give me the controll im after like MY GHL does but its a start.

Thanks aagin buddy - your hour of inforamtion sharing has resoved weeks of frustration and felling of no customer service _ GHL Team please recognise Pommies commit to helping your communitymembers

GHL what do I do now ?????

GHL is activated in your software - yet I have the same message
    the Device is not accociated with My GHL as per Vinny recomendations now I can't re-associate it

I can see both the ID for the GHL and it passcode in your Windows software

Quote Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
    Thanks Pommie for all your support - its like pulling teath sometimes.

I just noticed now with port forwarding on 81 I can access the App via iPhone - This still doesnt give me the controll im after like MY GHL does but its a start.

Thanks aagin buddy - your hour of inforamtion sharing has resoved weeks of frustration and felling of no customer service _ GHL Team please recognise Pommies commit to helping your communitymembers
    This does not automatically mean, that the ProfiLux finds its way to to the internet.
    My guess is, that the gateway-IP and/or DNS-IP are set wrong.

Try to set them to a different IP address.
    Then save the settings and back again to the correct settings according to your router.

If this still fails, send the exported settings.par file to info@ghl-kl.de
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I have changed the profilux iP adress already this morning incase the one sugested by Vinny was used and I hadnt noticed. So I know its not that, clearly from my above post I can access the Profilux webserver via both the internal and external iP I have configured this morning.

How do I export the setting so I can send them to you

Thanks

Keep an eye on the DNS-IP and Gateway-IP:

LAN_properties.PNG

The settings can be exported via GHL Control Center:

save_settings.png
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Do I change my dns and gateway to the below that are showing on my router or is this information found else where
    Attached Images Attached Images

[QUOTE=RichardW;73438]Do I change my dns and gateway to the below that are showing on my router or is this information found else where

Try setting the gateway and dns ip to your router's ip: 192.168.1.254

If this does not work, you can also try another dns server, like

81.139.56.100 (your provider's dns server)
    8.8.8.8 (google dns server)