Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: myGHL connection problem after changing router

Followed your guidence exaxctly, as you can see from the screen shot attached Windows CMD can ping the iP address, yet still no MY GHL
    Attached Images Attached Images

1. Remove the device from your myGHL account and re-add it.

Do you still get the same message?

It is possible that your router is blocking communication to the myGHL servers.

How do I remove the device, I tried to remove it when I first had the issue Vince, withion my GHL how do I remove it from within the software ? not sure how to check if the router is blocking to GHL but everything else works via this route so I doubt it

Just to be clear I have already removed my profilux and the screen error message is when I am trying to add new device. I have the log in and then activation code showing on both software and profilux - should your software be generating a new code this only happened after I deleted the profilux when the network connection failed. Clearly from above this isn't a network issue as I can ping and receive via the profilux this has to be a GHL issue of some kind.

How can I fix this ?
    Last edited by RichardW; 09.02.2017 at 19:30.

Please can I get an update, I have now gone out and purchased a pair of power over ethernet adapters I have them attached to my router and I know they deffianlty working as I have tried my mac with no Wifi, I have also gone into the router and port forwarded the GHL to port 80 as my local Fish shop recomeneded and this still nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any danger of someone responding ? Is there a way GHL can de associate my ghl device from your software as this is defiantly not a network issue.

Hello Richard,

for assigning your GHL device again on myGHL.com, it has to contact the server.

The server recognizes it as an anonymous device, which is 'just' online and transferring
    a keepalive signal.
    In this state, it is possible to assign it to your myGHL-account after entering the myGHL-ID
    and security key.

But your device with the given myGHL-ID is not online.
    So, there must be still something wrong in either your home network or the network settings
    in the ProfiLux are not set properly, essential are the gateway-IP and DNS-IP.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Richard,

In order to test if your profilux can see the internet can you try and access it via the web server.

The requires you to use the GHL application install on your PC.
    Click on System
    Click on Webserver
    Check Serverport states 80 (or pick another port but you will need to enter a new forwarding rule on your router)
    enter a password for the Admin account
    Save.

Login to your router.
    Some where in your router there will be a public IP address.

Open up your web browser and type in http://public ip address:80 (whatever port you have chosen).

If configured correctly you will be able to access the Profilux web page via your public internet IP address.

Note: Port 80 is a common TCP port used and if the Profilux requires exclusive access you might want to change it to port 81 instead (i have done this)
    Enter a rule in your router that forwards everything for port 81 to the local address you have assigned your Profilux i.e 192.168.1.x

Hope this helps and isnt too confusing.

IMG_1781.jpg

Edit * Are you referring to this ? As I can access the ghl like always have been able to like the screen shot show above but you can't change profilux settings

Thanks Pommie for responding I find networking a completely different language and I am really struggling with this.

I have a BT router smart hub, I can access the router fine I have now set a port forwarding rule under the ghl for port 81, however within the router I can two separate IP address.

TCP/iP information
    86.135.103.@#£

Hub gateway iP
    192.168.1.#£%
    Subnet

What one do I use ?

And then secondly do I use automatic iP or do I need to fill in the manual settting in ghl software as before it was always set to auto iP.
    Last edited by RichardW; 15.02.2017 at 09:39.

Hi Richard,

86.135 .103.x is your external internet IP address.

192.168.1.x is your internal network address.

You need to set a static IP address in your Profilux

For your profilux enter
    IP address 192.168.1.10 (or any number that is not being used).
    Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway 192.168.1.#$% (whatever that number is)
    DNS 192.168.1.#$% (whatever that number is)

Once you have done that make sure you can access the profilux internal by opening Chrome and entering 192.168.1.10:81
    If that works you should be faced with a web page asking your to login.

Then try entering 86.135.103.@#$:81
    If that works you will see the same web page and you then know the Profilux is accessible via the internet.

Good luck