Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: myGHL connection problem after changing router

Default myGHL connection problem after changing router

Guys can anyone help - pulling my hair out.

I had a wireless extender out in my conservatory and had it providing ethernet for my GHL and had it working. This little box failed, so I replaced it being a mac guy I m using an airport express, the airport is configured and working fine I am providing ethernet to the Profilux, the profilux has an IP address and you can also see the ID and the KEY, yet when i go into myGHL I try and log in all it says Device is not connected to My GHL

Also when i go into the profilux it self, it shows the ID and the Key code and has my GHL Gliff on the screen

I can connect to the profilux via the App but being a mac user I really want my GHL workign again. Whats wrong

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 21.08.01.jpg
    Last edited by RichardW; 03.02.2017 at 22:16.

Im not a MAC person but i suspect that your airport devices doesn't know the routers default gateway i.e the way to reach the internet.
    Your Profilux app is probably configured using your internal IP address 192.168.1.x so doesn't need to go out via your router which means it will only work when you at home using your Wifi network.

Can you plug anything else into this airport device and verify internet connectivity ? If you plug a laptop in make sure you turn of its wifi to perform the test.

I ahve just conencted my mac to the same Ethernet cable - obvisoly wifi deactivated and I can use the internet fine via this route so its not the above issue.

Can you provide a bit more information to help suggest some things to try:-

Was the Myghl working when you had your previous router?
    Do you have the ability to access your profilux from your home PC using the GHL app?
    Do you have the ability to access the profilux web page from within your home network or outside your home? i.e using the internal IP address or DNS name?
    You say you have the App working on your Iphone, is this using an internal IP address (only work at home) or does it work outside your home?

One thing you can do to rule out if its a network issue or a Myghl issue is run a long ethernet cable from your profilux into the back of your router (if you have a long enough cable).

My GHL was working fine until I had my BT broadband replaced, then extender that I had in ceonservatory failed so this is why I replaced it.
    Profilux to the PC (Mac running Windows in bootcamp) works fine.
    Not sure what you mean by Profiliux web page - but I can access all internat activities via my router on multiple devices, Mac, iphone and Ipads
    App is set up with the iP adress thats on the Profilux never has worked outside of my wifi network -?
    running a long ethernet cable from my router to my GHL isnt possible as my tank os out in the conservatoruy- hense why I am using an extender. As mentioned Above my extender is conecting to the Web fine and I can access the internat via it through my Mac via ethernet.

Reading the above you ahve given me an idea is this a port forwarding issue do you think - if the Port number on the Profilux and router are differtn this could be the reason, any other ideas you think I could check.

tried everything and nothings working, there is nothing wrong with my Airport express or my wifi. Someone please help

Would the new wifi Profilux sort this rubbish out as im so close to changing from GHL foreever, as a mac user I hate having to be forced into Windows systems/ it feels like your Technology is stuck in the 80's. I have just changed my 6 xMitras after 5 years to Radions as I got fed up having to keep diging out my mac, rebooting it to another operating system, pluging in USB cable ect... The Radions rock. pumps, Return pumps, leds within 2 secsonds all confired and working from finger movments on my mac/phone

Any help to save a customer would be welcomed, I have spent to much money on this Technology to just sell on but all my friends have moved over to Apex for this exact nonesne... make something that just works were not all Techies.
    Last edited by RichardW; 06.02.2017 at 23:26.

The fact that this problem only started after you changed you broadband service is a good indicator its a network issue and not a MyGHL one.
    Both Profilux and PC must be on the same subnet if they can talk to each other.
    The million dollar question is if the Profilux can see the internet.

What i would do is using your laptop plug in into the wifi extender Ethernet port.
    Turn off the Wifi
    Manually enter the IP address, Subnet and default gateway

Something like 192.168.1.x
    Mask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.1.1
    DNS = same as your gateway.

Check if the laptop can access the internet properly.
    If yes, take those same settings and manually inter them into the Profilux and test again.

Note: the reason your app wont work from outside your home network is becuase you need for forward a port on your router <- leave that for another query.

Quote Originally Posted by pommie View Post

Manually enter the IP address, Subnet and default gateway

Something like 192.168.1.x
    Mask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.1.1
    DNS = same as your gateway.

If yes, take those same settings and manually inter them into the Profilux and test again.

Note: the reason your app wont work from outside your home network is becuase you need for forward a port on your router <- leave that for another query.
    Where exactly do I enter the above ? My mac works fine when hard wired to the airport, I'm not sure I follow you. I appreciate I deactivate the wifi on my Mac but where am I then adding the iP to a search bar or creating a new network ?

Please can someone help me resolve this issue, I have been trying for days.
    I have posted the Airport when hard wired into my Mac so you can see what IP information etc is says.. I can connect to the internet absolutly fine
    I have adda screen shot of the LAN setting within GHL - when running Windows - I have tried everything and nothing works

Please please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You cannot connect because you do not have the correct information put into the ProfiLux LAN settings.

The Default Gateway, DNS, and IP address cannot be the same. The default gateway and DNS should be the IP address of your router. In this case, it should be set to 192.168.1.254

Set the IP address of the ProfiLux to 192.168.1.200 and save your settings. After about 2 or 3 minutes, use windows command prompt to ping the IP address of the ProfiLux. In this case ping 192.161.200

If you get a response from the ProfiLux, you are connected. Verify that your myGHL setting is set to active and try again.

All this information can also be found in our startup guide:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9i4l79svjv...Guide.pdf?dl=0