Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doser Gen 1

Problem !

I can get the unit to run when I use the 3m GHL RJ12 cable but when use a 10m RJ12 cable so that I can locate the dosing unit in the right location, there is no communication between the P3eX and the dosing unit.

Is the length of cable an issue?

The type of cable is most likely the issue. If it is not a GHL cable there are no guarantees that other-sourced cables will work with our devices.

If you need extension cables, I recommend looking at our VSL-5m cable, PL-0433. You will be able to connect this to the existing 3m cable and the doser.

OK so I had it set up and going great in automatic mode.

After a few days it has now stopped ... power is working, comms light is on but the P3eX stopped sending signals to the doser. I tested it by trying to calibrate each pump from the Control Centre ... nothing. Each of the pumps works when activated manually. I think that something in the communications setup has gone missing. Just to recap, I have connected the doser to S1-4 and daisy chained it off the 2nd digital power bar which is daisy chained off the first digital power bar.

I have programmed the pumps starting from Channel 13 to Channel 16 -- the digital power bars occupy Channels 1 - 12 (is that right)?

The pumps are individually setup to automatically dose the fluids.

What is it that I'm doing wrong?

ALL OK -- FOUND IT

The allocated channels somehow got switched back to 'always off'