Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doser Gen 1

Default Doser Gen 1

I have recently purchased a secondhand Gen 1 Slave dosing unit. I have some questions:

(1) What items should be supplied with the unit (ie. when it was new what would GHL have supplied with the unit)?
    (2) Where can I find a manual for this dosing pump?

Thanking you in anticipation.

PS. there is nothing about Gen 1 units in the Forums, has it all been purged?

Hello,

Please take a look at our website's downloads page, you will find what you are looking for there.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...r-1-sa-manual/

All the information in the SA version manual except the PROGRAMMING chapter apply to the Slave doser.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hello,

Please take a look at our website's downloads page, you will find what you are looking for there.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...r-1-sa-manual/

All the information in the SA version manual except the PROGRAMMING chapter apply to the Slave doser.
    Thank you, Vinny. I have already reviewed that "manuel" [sic] and it imparts no useful information to me ... what cables are used to connect to the Profilux, which port the cable is plugged into, how should the Profilux be programmed, etc. Obviously, the SA version is completely different ? What parts should have originally been included with the Gen slave dosing unit? ;-p

Can anybody else offer any useful suggestions on where the required information can be sourced, please?

(1) What items should be supplied with the unit (ie. when it was new what would GHL have supplied with the unit)?
    • Dosing pump unit with 1, 2, 3 or 4 dosing pumps
    • AC/DC adapter
    • Cable with westen plug RJ12 (6 lines)

what cables are used to connect to the Profilux
    A RJ12 phone cable (ensure it has 6 wires, RJ11 with 6pin socket and 4 wires doesn´t work)

which port the cable is plugged into
    S1-4 (or, if you have a PL3 also S5-S8 is possible)

how should the Profilux be programmed
    You haven´t told us which PL you have. In any case it depends on your device, the firmware version and the software you use (ProfiluxControl for PLII and GHL Control Center for newer firmware releases of PL3)
    Best is to have a look into the Programming guide of your Profilux computer

Obviously, the SA version is completely different ?
    Yes, it´s stand-alone only. There is no possibility to connect a Doser 1 SA to a Profilux
    It´s simple to check that: The SA version has a display, the slave unit has not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    • Dosing pump unit with 1, 2, 3 or 4 dosing pumps
    • AC/DC adapter
    • Cable with westen plug RJ12 (6 lines)

A RJ12 phone cable (ensure it has 6 wires, RJ11 with 6pin socket and 4 wires doesn´t work)

S1-4 (or, if you have a PL3 also S5-S8 is possible)

You haven´t told us which PL you have. In any case it depends on your device, the firmware version and the software you use (ProfiluxControl for PLII and GHL Control Center for newer firmware releases of PL3)
    Best is to have a look into the Programming guide of your Profilux computer

Yes, it´s stand-alone only. There is no possibility to connect a Doser 1 SA to a Profilux
    It´s simple to check that: The SA version has a display, the slave unit has not.
    Thank you Gunter!

I have a P3e controller.

At the back of the doser are 2 x RJ jacks, which one is connected to the P3e?

What about the power adaptor, is there any special requirement for its location or can it be plugged into a remote power socket or must it be plugged into a power bar ? I have 2 x digital power bars, how should the socket be set up?

Thank you in anticipation.

At the back of the doser are 2 x RJ jacks, which one is connected to the P3e?
    It doesn´t matter, take one of them. It´s the same as with the power bars.

What about the power adaptor, is there any special requirement for its location or can it be plugged into a remote power socket or must it be plugged into a power bar?
    Due it doesn´t make sense to have it switched , put it into an un-switched socket apart from the power bars

I have 2 x digital power bars, how should the socket be set up?
    As said: Use an un-switched one.

Remark: The doser is reacts to socket 1-4 if you use S1S4 and to socket 25-28 if you use S5S8 by default.
    If you want to change that, unplug the powerbars, plug it into one of the S-socket you want to use (it has to be alone on this socket), change the S-socket to digital and program the doser numbers you want
    Programming is similar to the powerbar programming.
    If you have done so (switched to digital) it´s possible to daisy-chain the doser with the powerbars.
    Ensure that a socket number is not given to two different devices.

Thanks, Gunter!

I have decided to use S5-S8 on the PAB (P3eX).

My process:
    (1) Connect power to doser
    (2) Enable digital power bars for S5-S8
    (3) Plug the doser into the socket S5-S8
    (4) Access numbering of pumps and default outputs 25-28 is greyed out and not adjustable
    (5) Leave all pumps numbering as default
    (6) Access programming:
    -- Must the power bar attached to S1-4 be disconnected or can it stay connected?
    (7) Leaving S1-4 connected ... select 'program now' and get communication error 50

How do I proceed from here, please? What is com error 50?

Thank you in anticipation.

1. Go to the Switch channels and outlets settings page and activate the S5-S8 socket. Click YES to activate, then save settings. The Program digital powerbar... button will no longer be greyed out.
    Enable S5-S8 socket.JPG
    2. Disconnect all devices connected to the S1-S4 port. Only the device that will be getting programmed should be connected. In this case, nothing should be connected to the S1-S4 and only the doser should be connected to the S5-S8 port.
    3. Click on the Program digital powerbar... button, select Numbering of a dosing pump.... Numbering will automatically begin at S25 since it is connected to the S5-S8 port, click NEXT, click PROGRAM NOW, then READY.
    Gen 1 Doser pump numbering.JPG
    4. In the Switch channels and outlets settings page, go to S25-S28 and assign the functions to Dosing pump. If this is your first dosing pump unit, set the S25 function to Dosing Pump 1, S 26 to Dosing Pump 2, etc. Save your settings.
    Assigning to Socket Channels.JPG
    5. Go to the respective dosing pump channels and create your dosing pump schedules. Save changes.

Cheers, Vinny!

All done!