Thread: Doser 2 SA additional sensor ports

Default Doser 2 SA additional sensor ports

Hi Everyone,
    i am new and i can say proud GHL user , so forgive me if my question is a bit annoying but after an hour of searching and reading through the forum i finally decided to post this thread.
    I am about to start my 300 liter reef and the equipment from GHL started to arrive, including two of the new Mitras LX 7206 and Profilux 4 ultimate set (still to be delivered).
    I have 4 level sensors, leak detection, one flow sensor and additional Digital temp sensor.
    2 level sensors will control the AWC which is done by small pumps (i am not planning to use the Doser 2SA for AWC), third level sensor controls a solenoid valve for the ATO. The fourth level sensor will control the level in my AWC container.
    I know i can use my new Doser 2SA in sleeve mode but i am not sure if the additional 3 sensor inputs (2 level sensors and one temp) on that Doser can be used by the Profilux 4? Can i plug the flow sensor for example to that doser and still get the reading form it on my profilux?
    Please advise.

Hello,

When the doser is used in standalone mode, you can use the available ports.

The moment the behavior is changed to Slave mode, the on-board ports are disabled because the device will follow the commands of the master unit, in this case, the ProfiLux.

Thanks,
    somehow i expected that answer.
    Is there an expansion card for P4 that supports level sensor and digital temp sensor.

Hi,

Yes of course.

All of the current expansion cards for the P3, will remain compatible for the P4 when it becomes available. In this case, you have the option to use any one of our EXP cards that have a Level Port and PL-1258 PLM-pH/Redox-DigTemp which includes the additional digital temperature port.

Is it possible to run the Doser 2.1 in Master mode with Profilux? or is it as when I use the Profilux as a computer the doser interfaces is useless?

If the doser is set to Master, there is no connection to the ProfiLux, they will run separately.

If it is set to Slave, the doser will follow the commands set by the ProfiLux. All dosing features are still available from the ProfiLux connection. The magnetic stirrer ports can still be used, but the other ports cannot because the doser is set to behave as a slave doser which does not have these ports.