Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Temp Prob 0

"I have assumed that you mean "Sensor Settings", "Temperature 1", "Calibration" and that you have skipped the "Sensor Settings" menu. (or I guess you mean press the button on the front of the controller with C on it)?

Either way my next post states that I did this "From the main menu, I selected sensors, temp 1, calibration. (I think this was the path, as I am typing this at work)"

this is the right way to restore the calibration. If you had answered my question about the currently displayed ADC-values (in ProfiLuxControl) I could say you for sure if the calibration is the problem or not.
    Please tell me ADC1 and ADC2.

The values you are looking for have been in my posts all along.

On the 04/12/2009 After the factory reset the values for the ADC were
    Value 1 20 deg ADC 1 -2147483648
    Value 2 30 deg ADC 2 -2147483648

On the same day, after restoring both the settings and the sensor data files from before the factory reset

now the temp is showing

Value 1 20 deg ADC 1 0
    Value 2 30 deg ADC 2 0

I then left the unit with the temp probe disabled for a few days.
    I re-enabled the temp probe

On the 7th or 8th (not sure when) I did several calibrations, at this time the ADC values stopped being 0 and started being

Value 1 20 deg ADC 1 677
    Value 2 30 deg ADC 2 304

These are the same values as I have been getting for the last day or so. The temp that is presented is 38.2 deg C.

This is the same as the last logs I posted.

I have only been recording what has happened as I have posted in this thread. So the dates may be off slightly, appologies if this causes any confusion.

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    Value 1 20 deg ADC 1 677
    Value 2 30 deg ADC 2 304
    OK, these ADC values are correct, the calibration has been recovered now

maybe you did not confirm with "yes" at the end of the calibration, this may explain why the values had not been restored immediately. This works usually without any probblem.

The ProfiLuxControl is showing somethingabout 38°C, and I guess ProfiLux is showing ***, which means that the probe is not present or defective. (ProfiLuxControl is not able to recognize that the probe is defective, that is the reason why it shows a wrong value instead of ***).

-> conclusion: if probe is plugged in the correct port then the plug of the probe may be damaged (please check the pins of the PS/2 plug). If you are able to open the plug and check if the wires are OK then do so (this would save us all money and time), if not then the probe must be replaced. I am sorry I can't tell you something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    conclusion: if probe is plugged in the correct port then the plug of the probe may be damaged (please check the pins of the PS/2 plug).

I have previously check the pins, and will do so again tonight to verify that they are ok.

If you are able to open the plug and check if the wires are OK then do so (this would save us all money and time), if not then the probe must be replaced.
    I will have a look at doing this tonight. Do you mean to cut open the plug or does it unscrew in some manner?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    I will have a look at doing this tonight. Do you mean to cut open the plug or does it unscrew in some manner?
    you need not to screw or cut, just pull the metal parts (with small pliers), the inner part of the plug has only been inserted into the plug cover

you need not to screw or cut, just pull the metal parts (with small pliers), the inner part of the plug has only been inserted into the plug cover
    Sorry, I didnt have time to do this last night, I will get to it over the weekend.

What I did do, was reroute the cable. During this process the probe worked for while and displayed temp on the display of the controller.

I will get it disconnected over the weekend and look to see if there is a loose wire at the connector end.

Darren

It really sounds like the probe is not seated in correctly, my test unit here has a very tight fit temp socket and it virtually clicks into place.

Here to help

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

I have the same problem when I upgraded my unit today.

It was the probe was not seated in correctly its a very tight fit between the ProfiLux3 eX rear plate and the temp probe connector. Which can be a good thing as the connector will not disconnect itself very easily.

Frage Temperature Control Problem--please help

Hi there and Happy New Year to all,

I'm having a temperature control problem I'm hoping to get some help with. I have my Profilux Plus II ex set to control two heaters, and the Profilux doesn't seem to be turning them on according to the nominal temperature I set in Profilux Control, which is 25 C. I have the two heaters set on a digital powerbar on sockets S1 and S2. In the Profilux Control program they are both on Temperature 1 and Heater. At first they both worked great and did keep the set temperature, but today I noticed there was a drop in temperature of 2 degrees. I first thought that the heaters were undersized for my tank, so I unplugged one from the digital powerbar and plugged in a heater of greater wattage. At first the heater did come on, as I could see the indicator light on. Now, however, the heater has not come on and the temperature keeps dropping. I'm confused. Thinking it was a heater issue I again unplugged it from the digital powerbar and plugged it into the mains. The heater does come on, so I'm guessing it's something with the Profilux. Is there something I should be doing differently? Any help as always will be greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=NewReefer;7178]Hi there and Happy New Year to all,

I'm having a temperature control problem I'm hoping to get some help with. I have my Profilux Plus II ex set to control two heaters, and the Profilux doesn't seem to be turning them on according to the nominal temperature I set in Profilux Control, which is 25 C. I have the two heaters set on a digital powerbar on sockets S1 and S2. In the Profilux Control program they are both on Temperature 1 and Heater. At first they both worked great and did keep the set temperature, but today I noticed there was a drop in temperature of 2 degrees. I first thought that the heaters were undersized for my tank, so I unplugged one from the digital powerbar and plugged in a heater of greater wattage. At first the heater did come on, as I could see the indicator light on. Now, however, the heater has not come on and the temperature keeps dropping. I'm confused. Thinking it was a heater issue I again unplugged it from the digital powerbar and plugged it into the mains. The heater does come on, so I'm guessing it's something with the Profilux. Is