Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Temp Prob 0

Default Temp Prob 0

I have a new Profilux II Ex with firmware version 4.08

All probes were reporting values, but some of these were off by quite a bit.

eg. water temp on three thermometers showed 27, 26.7 and 26.5 degrees c. I took 26.7 to be a reasonable value.
    The temp probe from the Profilux showed 39.8.

As I am seting up the unit, I started the PH calibration and this ran through sucessfully.

I then moved onto the temp, and went into the "Adjust Temperature" section for Temperature probe 1. and decreased the temp by 12 degrees. This then showed 27.8 degrees. I then decreased the temp by a further 2.0 degrees. this then showed 25.8 (this was an error I ment to decrease by 1.1)
    I then increased the temp by 0.9 degrees.

At this point the temp showed 0 degrees.

When I now try to adjust the temp, it shows 0 degrees.

I have done all of the following
    disconnected and reconnected the temp probe
    power cycled the controller
    factory reset the controller

None of these have an effect

In the Calibration Data section of ProFilux Control II version 4.0.8.1 I receive the following information

Value 1 20 deg ADC 1 -2147483648
    Value 2 30 deg ADC 2 -2147483648

Can some one give me an idea as to what I can try OR is the Temp probe broken?

some additional info

I just restored both the settings and the sensor data files from before the factory reset

now the temp is showing

Value 1 20 deg ADC 1 0
    Value 2 30 deg ADC 2 0

the temp. showed a complete wrong value, very likely that the probe was not plugged into the correct port (plugged in level?)

-> the correction was wrong, usually you correct here +/- 0.1°C not 10°C or more...

you can restore the factory calibration (which has usually a precision of 0.1°C):
    on the ProfiLux device go to the menu "temperature", then to "calibration", then confirm
    that's it, now the ADC values should be correct again (someting like 700 and 300)
    and when the plug is in the correct port you should see now reasonable readings

I have verified that the temp probe is connected to the lower port on the PII Ex. As far as I am aware and can figure out this is the correct one.

The probe did work for about 2 days and has then stopped.

What is the next step?

The lower port is correct.

Did you recover the calibration as I advised in my first post?

From the main menu, I selected sensors, temp 1, calibration. (I think this was the path, as I am typing this at work)

This made no real difference.

In the software it still shows the temp as 0.

On the Profilux it shows as ---

Any other sugestions?

if it shows "---" you have deactivated the sensor!

activate it again

Sorry, that should have been *** not --- (I am typing this at work, not at home and I put in the wrong information).

I did deactivate the temp sensor as my lights were turning off with the temp error. But this has nothing to do with the issue. I just posted the incorrect display.

The issue is that the temp sensor displays either 40 degrees or 0 degrees. since the factory reset on the controller it has only displayed 0 degrees.

Nothing changes this.

this becomes really confusing now

is on the ProfiLux 40°C, 0°C or *** displayed?
    if all is true - when what under which condition?

a) you would see *** if the probe is plugged in the wrong port or if the probe is defective (e.g. broken wire or bad plug)
    b) you see 0° and 40° if the calibration is still bad after you invoked "adjust temp." - did you restore the calibration as I suggested? what are the calibration data?

I am currently sitting in front of the Unit.

The menus that you refered to in your first post "on the ProfiLux device go to the menu "temperature", then to "calibration" dont exist in that form.

I have assumed that you mean "Sensor Settings", "Temperature 1", "Calibration" and that you have skipped the "Sensor Settings" menu. (or I guess you mean press the button on the front of the controller with C on it)?

Either way my next post states that I did this "From the main menu, I selected sensors, temp 1, calibration. (I think this was the path, as I am typing this at work)

This made no real difference.
    "

My apologies for incorrectly putting in that the controller was displaying --- it was ***. As I said, I was typing it from work, and remembered the wrong symbol.

I have also done another calibration today.

In the Temperature 1 menu I have the following values
    Nominal Value 26.7C
    Operational Hours 177.8h
    Hystteresis 0.20C
    Alarm Active No
    Nocturn Change Yes
    Summer Switch No
    Therapy Duration in days 3
    Display Celsius
    Cooling differ 0.0c
    Extension -> Extension Change (did not this as I did not know what it would do)
    Calibration (allready performed today)
    Measurement Range Aquarium
    1-10V maxi at 2.0C
    Activity Yes
    Current.Act.Value ***
    Op.mode contr. Twopos.control.
    Signal filter 05

If I look at the data in the Sensor Overview page of ProfiLux Control v4.0.8.1

Temperature 1 has a current value of 38.2C with a nominal of 26.7C

The Measurement data log has the following

Date Time Temperature 1[°C]
    9/12/2009 8:43:00 AM 38,2
    9/12/2009 9:43:00 AM 38,2
    9/12/2009 10:43:00 AM 38,2
    9/12/2009 11:43:00 AM 38,2
    9/12/2009 12:43:00 PM 38,2
    9/12/2009 1:43:00 PM 38,2
    9/12/2009 2:43:00 PM 38,2
    9/12/2009 3:43:00 PM 38,2
    9/12/2009 4:43:00 PM 38,2
    9/12/2009 5:43:00 PM 38,2

As you can see, the controller and the software DO NOT agree on what the temperature is.

Is there anything else you can suggest or do I also log this with the supplier as broken?

As for the comments about the equipment being very reliable, I have also had this feedback from many other people. I have a number of items from GHL (controller, 2x power bars, 4 probes, 2 level sensors, wireless LAN and have pre-ordered the PIIIEx upgrade) and I am having issues with two of the components.

I am not looking to blame people I just want the equipment that I have paid good money for to work as it is suppost to.

I thank you for your assistance, but do remind you that I am in a position where I have spent thousands of dollars on your products and have as far as I can tell, had two failures within a couple of days of operation (I have had the units for about 2-3 weeks).

Sorry for the length of this but I want to get it sorted.

Darren