Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Temp Prob 0

I'm terribly sorry for accidentally posting this twice--my apologies. I will post this as a new thread.

what does the temperature probe on the ProfiLux read?

What have you set the thermastat on the heater to?

What is the hysterisis set to?

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! I have the thermostat set on both heaters to 27 C. I have the hysteresis set as the default, 0.2 C. The temperature probe is reading 23 C.

Here are some tests.

Program the socket on digital power bar to always on and make sure it switches on, once checked all ok then switch back to original setting

Turn heater stat up to full (do not leave like this, this is for testing) now see if the heaters come on.

Ok, I just did what you said and so far the sockets and their heaters are on. I know I don't leave them on full, but what should I now turn them down to? If I ever need to change heaters in the future, should I turn the respective socket off first in Profilux Control, unplug the heater, then re-enable the socket when a new heater is plugged in? I'm just curious.

It makes no difference how you put it back to what it was, this will not effect anything.

It looks like your heater stats are quite far out, this is not uncommon at all. get your tank to the desire temp based on the GHL Temp probe then set the thermastats slightly above this point.

Thanks so much for your help. I'll keep an eye on the temperature, and once it reaches 25 C, then I'll turn the heater thermostats down to 27 C. Once again, your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If 27 was turning them off, by putting them back to this setting you may just give your self the same issue again, which is the heater stats over riding the profiLux settings.

Do as you say turn down to 27 and see how it goes, if you get the same issue again you may have to turn them up a bit. It seems like your heaters 27degrees is very close to the 25 degrees of the profiLux

Thanks for that bit of advice--I actually ended up turning the heater thermostats up to in between 28-29 degrees, and I've been watching the temp and so far it seems to be holding nicely.