Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GHL control centre not loading

Default GHL control centre not loading

Hi guys out of the blue few days ago my doser 2 just won't connect for me (I'm using usb);it was working fine just last week.

My problem is when I click on the control centre icon on laptop(Windows 10) it just won't load. It just hangs until I click something then it says not responding and I have to turn it off. As such I can't even go to 'administrate' to see what s wrong.

Anyone has this happen before? Please help. I tried system restoring laptop to last week but still no luck. Thanks.

please check the connection in your Win10 device manager
    set the timout (GCC connection) to 10000 or more

regards pit

So this is the program it's self?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Pit. Thanks for response.After trying what you said- I connected doser to laptop via usb; then went into device manager can see GHL under COM3. I right click properties went into port settings and change bits per second from 9600 to larger number BUT GHL software still wont load for me

I hope Im doing it right? GHLcontrol center will just keep trying to load and I need to close it down as its not responding. Any idea?

#Reefwiser: yes its theprogram itself. I just cant open it.

The devicemanager settings are correct.
    I understand it correctly, the ControlCenter does not start, or it hangs itself, try to establish a connection.
    Uninstall the ControCenter an reinstall it with admin rights. Set the GCC Connection Setting to COM3

regards Pit

Yes I would uninstall the GCC program and reinstall it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi folks, I tried reinstalling 1.0.8.9 the stable version few times. Also made sure I have all other older software uninstalled first but still no luck

Might be my laptop. Also waiting for support from ghl to respond. So iritating luckily I dont need to access the doser in a hurry.

Thanks for replies.

Hi,

This sounds like an issue with the PC itself, especially if you're having the same issues with different versions of GCC.

Please try on another PC.

Hi Vinny. I have no access to another laptop at the moment. I do feel also that it's something to do with my laptop. Has anyone have the same problem?

I'm hoping I can get it to work on my laptop. My laptop is quite new and device manager picks up GHL on port 3 too. So I'm thinking it's only a small glitch somewhere.

Alternatively I'm using an android phone Samsung S5. Can I use the android app 1.02? My worry is that where the doser is located I have very poor wifi. I assume wifi is only way to control doser? Can I use android app to control doser even though I cannot connect to doser via Laptop in any way?

Thanks for help.
    Last edited by andrewo; 06.01.2017 at 01:23.

Hi,

As long as the default Wifi settings have not been changed, yes you can still program the doser from the android app. Version 1.02 is the latest version available for download off of our website. When you connect directly to the doser, that means you have to use the desired device to search for wifi networks and connect to the GHL DOSER-2 network. Once connected, open up the app, create a new connection, and enter 10.10.100.254 into the HOST box. After you do that, you will be able to connect and program the doser from your smartphone or tablet.

When you're connected directly to the doser, keep in mind that you should not be far from the doser otherwise you will loose the signal strength and drop the connection.