Thread: Level Sensor Issue

Default Level Sensor Issue

Hi everyone,

I am facing an issue with my auto-top-off function.

The optical level sensor I have been using for several month does not seem to give any information to my profilux 3.1T.

I updated firmwares to 6.29 of the profilux and PAB5.1 but this does not correct this issue.

How can it be fixed ?

Thank you for your help,

Guillaume

I would also say that I tried to connect the level sensor to the additional 4level card, slot 3, but this did not fix the issue. Where can I see if the sensor is sending any signal/information to the profilux ?

The status of the level sensor can be viewed in the Level settings page. If you toggle the sensor in/out of the water, you should see an (X) mark appear/disappear in the "Settings and states level-sensor" section.

If there were no changes done to the ATO settings and the sensor is still correctly assigned, it is possible that the sensor needs to be cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    The status of the level sensor can be viewed in the Level settings page. If you toggle the sensor in/out of the water, you should see an (X) mark appear/disappear in the "Settings and states level-sensor" section.

If there were no changes done to the ATO settings and the sensor is still correctly assigned, it is possible that the sensor needs to be cleaned.
    Dear Vinny,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, the state doesn't change if I put in and out the level sensors (the 6 level sensors have the same X mark).

The sensor has been cleaned up, even if it was not dirty.

Where can I checked that the sensor is correctly assigned ? How can I assign it ?

Brgds,

Guillaume

If you have this sensor connected to the L1/L2 port, you should go to the Level settings page and select an unused control circuit. On this screen, you should select sensor 1 or 2 for Used sensors for this control, set Operation mode to Auto top off, and check the "Always active" box. See photo.

Capture123.JPG

If you have it connected to the L3/4 port, the only change that would need to be made is to change the Used sensors for this control to 3 or 4.

Save your settings and test to see if you get a reaction from the sensor.

Hi,

I doubled checked the settings.

But I don't get any reaction from the sensor. I tried configurating controls on the L3&4 and L1&2 ports... neither worked

What options do I have ?

Brgds

Please post a screenshot of your level settings page, showing the details as shown in my previous post. Which L port is this currently connected to?

Capture.jpg

Here it is.

It is currently connected to L1L2 port, but when I change it to L3&4&5&6, nothing changes on the controler