Thread: Tunze Wavebox 6212 Settings

Default Tunze Wavebox 6212 Settings

Hi

I have the Tunze wavebox 6212. The wavebox is controlled by the Profilux.

My tank size is (L) 1500mm x 1200mm (W) x 700mm (H) Water level is only to 600mm.

My problem is that the wave go out of sync and fade away. With the Profilux settings I can only adjust the value with a minimum of 0.1 of a second. Meaning from 1.5 sec to 1.6 sec.

According to Tunze, the wave duration should be adjustable with 100's of a second. For example 1.55 sec to 1.56 sec. The problem is that Profilux does not cater for 100's of a second so I cannot do the fine tuning to get the wave working 100%.

The wave does start but go out of sync and fade away, just to get into sync later and then go out again.

Can someone give me some advice please, or what is the possibility that the Profilux can handle 1.57 sec in the settings?

Hi

I really can't imagine that a 10ms resolution will make any difference here, I already explained this Scott from Aquadepot Johannesburg.
    The current software does not support this high resolution, but I think it is interesting to investigate this case closer.

Please send me an email, we will create a special firmware for you. If an higher resolution solves your problem we will take this feature for our standard firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Hi

I really can't imagine that a 10ms resolution will make any difference here, I already explained this Scott from Aquadepot Johannesburg.
    The current software does not support this high resolution, but I think it is interesting to investigate this case closer.

Please send me an email, we will create a special firmware for you. If an higher resolution solves your problem we will take this feature for our standard firmware.
    I will PM you my email.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Hi, I'm interested in this too as I have just got the same wavebox and my tank is a similar size - 1300 L x 850 W x 700 D but I haven't set this up yet....

I asked un Ultimate Reef about the benfit of controlling the Wavebox via the Profilux, but the response seemed to be use it's own controller. Can how does the Wavebox connect to the Profilux - does the Tunze cable go from the L1L2 port direct to the wavebox driver or via the slave socket on the wavebox controller? Thanks, Andy

Hannes has already contacted us, we will send him the modified firmware in some days, then he will report what happened

the Tunze cable goes from the L-port to the wavebox driver (has a round DIN-connector on the other end)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Hannes has already contacted us, we will send him the modified firmware in some days, then he will report what happened

the Tunze cable goes from the L-port to the wavebox driver (has a round DIN-connector on the other end)
    Thanks Matthias, the Tunze manual has the 6091 Wavecontroller connected to the Tunze multicontroller via the 6091's slave socket - I wasn't sure if Profilux needed to do this also.

I have L3L4 free - can the wavebox be connected via the splitter along with a 6055 as I have my Simuspot on L1L2?

Many thanks, Andy

Thanks Matthias, the Tunze manual has the 6091 Wavecontroller connected to the Tunze multicontroller via the 6091's slave socket - I wasn't sure if Profilux needed to do this also.
    I am not sure, I had never a 6091 in my hands. Let's make it simple - the ProfiLux replaces the multicontroller, where usually the multicontroller goes to the ProfiLux now goes to instead, I don't know what the slave socket is or how it looks like, somewhere the DIN-plug must be plugged in.

I have L3L4 free - can the wavebox be connected via the splitter along with a 6055 as I have my Simuspot on L1L2?
    there is no problem - you need a Tunze 1 and a Tunze 2 cable in order to use both channels separately

Quote Originally Posted by Andyos View Post
    Hi, I'm interested in this too as I have just got the same wavebox and my tank is a similar size - 1300 L x 850 W x 700 D but I haven't set this up yet....

I asked un Ultimate Reef about the benfit of controlling the Wavebox via the Profilux, but the response seemed to be use it's own controller. Can how does the Wavebox connect to the Profilux - does the Tunze cable go from the L1L2 port direct to the wavebox driver or via the slave socket on the wavebox controller? Thanks, Andy
    Andy

My settings is currently on 1.5s min and 1.5 sec max, but it's not going to work in your case. The min and max should be the same.

If you look in the Tunze handbook for the wavebox, the settings change from 0.83s for a tank of (l) 150 cm x (w) 100cm x (h) 60cm to 0.86s for a tank of (l) 180 cm x 100cm x 60cm. This timing is basically the time the wave take to move from the one side of the tank to the other side and back. The hight of the water also have an impact on the wave. If I lower the water level of my tank with about 5 cm I get a perfect wave, but then the water level is to low.

The best is to test it with different settings until you get the wave 100%.

Take a look here: Rimmless Wavebox Cube

Here is some feedback on this problem.

Good news for everybody with Tunze waveboxes!

We have test the wavebox with a special firmware that can handle 100's of a second and it work perfectly.

Profilux will includes the change to handle 100’s of a second in VERSION 5 of the firmware.