Thread: Connectivity question

Default Connectivity question

Hi,

I am waiting (and looking forward to getting) the P4 and 4 Mitras LX7.

I had downloaded a few manuals just for a flick thru and with regard to connectivity, I think that there is something that I may not be conceptually understanding.

eg. If my home wifi is 'MyWifi'. password 'Password' and I have a home plug network.

So the P4 will be connected via ethernet to the Homeplug network. But I think it has WIFI as well.So does that mean I would end up with 2 wifi networks - MyWiFI and MyP4?

I will be using the card (PLM?) for the P4 to talk to the Mitras. So is this another network? Do all 4 Mitras have to be slave or does one get to be set to be a master?

My questions probably are all over the place but I just need to get a picture in my mind about how it all hangs together.

Thanks and I hope you all had a good Christmas and have a happy new year!

Both the P4 and LX7 have built-in wifi.

The P4 will connect to your existing wifi network after your wifi settings have been entered into the controller's Wifi settings. With the PLM-PWC card, the P4 will wirelessly communicate with the LX7 fixtures. With this setup, you will be able to access your LX7 from the ProfiLux connection via GCC, myGHL, etc. All LX7 fixtures would be setup as slave units because the ProfiLux would now become the "Master" unit.
    Last edited by Vinny; 27.12.2016 at 15:47.

Many thanks Vinny - that makes it pretty clear! (I hope)

I spent over 20 years in IT and networking is the devil's work :-)

Hope Christmas was good for you and you have a great New Year.