Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salinity and ph reading a problem

any help please ?

Hi

the calibration values are wrong. For both probes the ADC1 and ADC2 value is the same, but they must differ, at least a few hundred.

A very low ADC value for cond. (here: 18) shows that the probe was not immersed in the fluid, was connected to the wrong BNC or is just broken.
    But since you have problems with 2 probes I doubt that both are broken, not very likely.

So check:
    - probes plugged in the correct BNC-ports?
    - do calibration again, check what the calibration value (ADC) is doing during the calbration, this value must change significantly from calibration point to calibration point
    - after successful calibration save these values
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok I will one of the prob ( the salinity ) is a brand new bought it directly from ghl am doing was delivered last week

I will re calibrate tonight and let you know

Many thanks

Zahy

QUOTE=Matthias;71558]Hi

the calibration values are wrong. For both probes the ADC1 and ADC2 value is the same, but they must differ, at least a few hundred.

A very low ADC value for cond. (here: 18) shows that the probe was not immersed in the fluid, was connected to the wrong BNC or is just broken.
    But since you have problems with 2 probes I doubt that both are broken, not very likely.

So check:
    - do calibration again, check what the calibration value (ADC) is doing during the calbration, this value must change significantly from calibration point to calibration point
    - after successful calibration save these values[/QUOTE]

Mathias

the PH prob is now working i am still having problem with the new salinity probe

i did notice ADC while doing calibration in the main controller - reading while holding it in the air its 18 while submersing its 20

i then tried to do calibration for the same salinity probe from the expansion box BNC SDC was while holding it in the air 24 and in fluid was 36 going up to 38

i did try to downgrade firmeware down to 6.14 but made no difference

previous screenshot showed my index for my probes it seems to read fine ( i don't have index 7 and 8)

my system has the following PAB connections

3 x PAB switch sockets

1x expansion box
    1x touch controller

what do you advise me to do, can i send you a downloaded file for setting and sensors

thanks
    zahy
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Hi

So check:
    - after successful calibration save these values

do you have the correct calibration fluid? seawater 50mS, fresh water 1.41mS
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.