Thread: Using variable illumination

Default Using variable illumination

Can someone help me I read the manual but I can't figure it out here is what am trying to do
    Illumination 1 is dimmable t5
    Illumination 2 is dimmable t5
    Illumination 3 MH

I want illumination 1 and 2 to be used monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.
    I want illumination 3 to be on Tuesday , Thursday , Saturday .
    Am using profilux 3
    Thanks

Variable illumination allows you to assign different lighting schedules for specific days of the week. Assuming your Dimmable T5 unit is tied into the ProfiLux controller via a 1-10V interface, it must have that specific 1-10V interface assigned to the corresponding Variable Illumination number.

Here's how to setup Variable Illumination for your setup:

1. Create your light schedule for Illumination 1,2, and 3.
    - Make sure you've checked the Dimmable box for the T5 Illumination channels.

2. Go to the Variable illumination settings page, you will be using 3 variable illuminations for this setup.

3. One by one, assign the Illumination channels to the corresponding days. For the days when the lights should stay off, select an unused Illumination channel number.
    - Using your requested scenario, since you want to have the Dimmable T5 on only M,W,F,Su, you'll want to set Variable Illumination 1 to Illumination 1 for those days of the week. Variable Illumination 2, should be set to Illumination 2. All other unused days, should be set to an unused Illumination channel. See attached photo for how it should look. Variable illumination.JPG

4. Go to the 1-10V interface settings page

5. Select the L port where you have each Dimmable T5 connected to and set the functions to the correct Variable Illumination
    - For example, if you have Dimmable T5 #1 on L port 1 and assigned to Variable Illumination 1, select L1 interface and set the function to Variable Illumination 1.

6. Go the the Switch channels and outlets settings page and select the socket where you have the MH light connected.

7. Set the function to Variable Illumination 3.

8. Save settings

Thanks,
    When I go to illumination 1 it says it's Chanel 1
    When I go to illumination 2 it says it's Channel 1
    When I go to illumination 3 it's says Channel 2
    Am not sure how to change the Chanel on illumination 2 , I can dim illumination 1 independently from 2. I can't understand why the controller saying it's the same Channel!

Go to your Illumination channel 2 and make sure that the Copy Illumination run box is unchecked.

All good now