Thread: Powerbar 5.1 plug wont turn off

Default Powerbar 5.1 plug wont turn off

Hi
    I have a powerbar 5.1 UK and my plug 4 wont turn off, even with the power turned off on GCC and the indicator light turned off the plug still lets power through?
    I thought it was a firmware issue so have updated to the latest firmware and still no luck.
    any help would be appreciated.
    Steve

It seems the relais for that plug is sticked due current overload/inrush current. You may test this by kocking heavyly to she side of the powerbar. If the socket is of again then, the relais was sticked.

Hi

when the corresponding LEDs is off but the socket has still power than there is obviously a hardware damage for some reason. Has nothing to do with settings or firmware.

I am afraid GHL needs to check/repair it - please contact us directly.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I met the same problem, I have two powerbar 5.1 and all the socket 5 can't be turn off, the corresponding LED is off and the S5 still has power,I have changed the S5 to swithable already.what should I do?IMG_2123.jpgIMG_2124.jpg

Did you change the socket behavior to Switchable, then save your settings?

What did you have connected to this socket?

I changed the socket to Switchable and click "ok",I think it was saved,I have connected the T5 lamps before, when the socket can't be turn off,nothing connected at those two socket any more. DId the socket was damaged ?

The S5 socket has its own fuse with a max 2A rating and is separate from the other 5 sockets. Switching a T5 on through this socket could have caused this rely to get stuck. I recommend sending us this powerbar for inspection.

Please contact: info@ghl-kl.de
    Last edited by Vinny; 13.03.2018 at 14:47.