Thread: Profilux wont update to latest firmware

Default Profilux wont update to latest firmware

Hi, I am trying to update to the latest firmware on my Profilux 3.1T ex through the latest version of GCC (downloaded 12/10/2016) and keep getting the following message "Error while transferring firmware- Flasherase -8"

14618819_10154562752757192_726858648_o.png.jpg

Not had it when doing previous firmware updates so dont know where to go with it.

Running PC with Windows 10 Pro

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am new to the forum and have tried finding this problem on here but cant so sorry if I have broken any rules.

Steve

Hi Steve,

did you use the "Firmwareupdate..."-button in section "Maintenance" or the one in section "PAB" at the top of the GCC?

Regards

Werner

Make sure you are connected via USB and selected Firmware update from the "Maintenance" section and not the "PAB" section.

Hi Vinny and Werner, thanks for the replies, yes I was connected via usb and did select the maintenance section for the firmware update, I was then pointed to the firmware file section on my PC that comes down with the GCC and selected 6.29 firmware (I think, at work at the moment so cant remember latest release number, but it was the latest firmware release). Anything else I am missing?
    Steve
    Last edited by Stevedb79; 20.10.2016 at 17:12.

Download, install and use the newest ControlCenter.
    Then you can perform an emergency update. That should work
    Instruction
    Tool

regards Pit

The emergency update can be used as a last resort option.

Steve, please let us know if you did in fact select the firmware update option from the Maintenance option.

Hi, yes i did pick from the maintenance option, i did not try last night because i dont really want to be taking it apart just to update the firmware

Anything else I can try?

Please post screenshots of the exact steps you take when you do a firmware update.

did you confirm the download with YES and RETURN on the device itself when asked to?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.