Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GCC not connecting to my profilux

Default GCC not connecting to my profilux

i connected my profilux directly to my modem via ethernet/lan cable however GCC just says not connected. is there a step i'm missing? how can i get GCC to connect/recognize my profilux III? thanks!
    Last edited by johnfallon135; 07.10.2016 at 18:06.

Normally you need a router to connect the PL to any other LAN device like your PC. To help you, please describe your environment a little more in detail

When you connect a LAN cable to the ProfiLux 3 for the first time, you should connect via USB and go to the system settings page. At the bottom of that page, there is a section that says Current IP address. What is written there is the IP address of your ProfiLux. that is assuming you still have it's LAN settings still set to automatically have an IP address assigned.

1. Write down this IP address and disconnect from the USB ProfiLux connection.
    2. Create a new connection in GHL Control Center by clicking on Administrator on the upper left side of the screen
    3. Click New and select the ProfiLux 3
    4. Name this connection
    5. Set the type of connection to Network (TCP/IP)
    6. Check or uncheck the Search automatically box
    a. If you set this connection to Search automatically, you do not need to type in the IP address of the controller.
    b. If you uncheck the box, you will have to type in the IP address of the ProfiLux.
    7. Click Save.

Once completed, select this new connection and connect.

thanks vinny is there a way to do it without the usb as i lost my usb cable i might just have to go out and get one.. also if i don't have my lan settings still set to automatically have an ip address assigned how would i find the ip? thanks again!

You will need the USB cable to see what IP address was assigned to the controller and make changes to the LAN settings if necessary.

If it is not assigned to automatically have an IP address assigned, then you would have to assign one for your controller. To keep things simple, make sure it is set to automatic, save settings, restart the controller, and connect via USB to see what IP address was assigned to your P3.

thanks vinny i got the usb however it says that my profilux III firmware is too old to work with my GCC.. how do i update it?

What is your current firmware version?

That firmware version is not supported by GCC. Please use ProfiLux Control found here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...trol-v6-0-6-1/

Once downloaded, connect via USB and go to the system settings page to see what IP address was assigned to your controller.
    Last edited by Vinny; 10.10.2016 at 15:01.

i got my ip address however

after creating a new connection in PC with my IP address it said the firmware is too low to connect.

after creating a new connection in GCC with my IP it says "could not connect, do you want to check settings now?"

will i get to use GCC once updated or will i have to stick with PC? what's the difference between the two?
    Last edited by johnfallon135; 10.10.2016 at 18:44.