Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GCC not connecting to my profilux

Hello John,

your PL3 seems not to enter bootloader mode.

it is necessary, that the power is stabilized. So, try using a switch plug with on-off-switch.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

thanks matthias my PL3 does enter bootloader mode. when i take the power off then back on during the reset message the PL3 screen blacks out which i'm assuming is the bootloader mode? however i still get the error 001 message and nothing happens. also i just tried the switch plug but it's the same result

I think this all way too complicated and far off what the original goal was - a simple firmware updte from 5.xx to 6.xx.

Let us do it step by step and forget the other 22 posts here.

first question: is ProfiLux still staring normal and the firmware 5.17 is still present or a re we already at a point where the firmware has been killed?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

thanks for helping me matthias. yes the profilux still starts with the firmware 5.14

OK, the connect with PROFILUXCONTROL, start the update process, but then select the newset firmware 6.29

hopefully this update will work, after reboot you have 6.29, then connect with GCC

when i click the connect button in the Profilux Control program it says "the connected profilux has a too low firmware version and can't be used with this version of profilux control" this is version 6

version 5 says "communication error! Code 28
    Last edited by johnfallon135; 17.10.2016 at 11:07.

No I don't understand anything.

Didn't you say in a previous post your ProfiLux has firmware 5.14 and you were able in the past to connect with ProfiLuxControl?

I don't know where here are all the misunderstandings, but to connect a ProfiLux with the matching PC software and to perform an update is usually not that kind of adventure.

I think if we not make any progress here very soon you should send us the ProfiLux for updating, I fear all this leads to nothing.

i never said i was able to connect to ProfiluxControl that's the problem here was that i COULDN'T connect to ProfiluxControl. This entire time vinny was trying to help me update my profilux outside of ProfiluxControl since it doesn't work with my old firmware. Like i said every time i try to connect to ProfiluxControl it says my firmware is too old. There shouldn't be any misunderstanding if you have read the previous 2 pages you would have seen that this entire time vinny was trying to update my profilux outside of ProfiluxControl. he advised me to use the emergency firmware update process using the RS232 cable and the Flash (FR) program but that didn't work as it all came down to this "Error No.001" message during the middle of the update found here http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/at...0&d=1476291911 which was where we were stomped and quite honestly which is why i thought after of all this you came here to try and fix. i followed every single step that vinny told me to do and i even provided pictures to prevent any confusion. all you did was tell me to connect to ProfiluxControl and update it which was step 1 of vinny's instructions when that didn't work you got all confused already lol i probably will have to ship my profilux all the way from Canada at this rate thanks for trying though.
    Last edited by johnfallon135; 19.10.2016 at 11:38.

You need not to ship the ProfiLux to Germany for an update. We have retailers in Canada who are capable to do this, like Derek's Reef Shop, or you send it to GHL USA in Florida.

However, after reading all again I think I found the issue - Vinny gave you the link to PLC 6 - but you need PLC 5! This should explain it.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...trol-v5-1-7-2/

please try, again

thanks this worked to connect my profilux to profilux control however when i click on File --> Firmware - Update Profilux then select the ProfiLux3_V629.mhx file the update begins but then at 99% this happens

123.jpg