Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GCC not connecting to my profilux

GCC offers more features not available in ProfiLux Control. If you update to the newest firmware you will be able to use GCC and benefit from the latest features.

To jump from your current FW to the newest FW, please follow these instructions:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...-instructions/

Please download this also:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...cy-flash-tool/

Please make sure to follow the instructions for the correct model ProfiLux 3; P3 or P3.1

Due to the large jump in FW, your settings will not carry over.

i connected the rs232 cable to my computer and under COM and LPT in the device manager it just says "prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM4)" with a exclamation mark and i updated it. it doesn't say "USB Serial Port" like it's suppose to

i went into its properties and under general it says
    "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Not Enough Quota}
    Not enough virtual memory or paging file quota is available to complete the specified operation"

also where is this hex file? "ProfiLux3_“ and ends with „.mhx“, e.g.
    ProfiLux3_V515_GER_ENG.mhx"

it's not in the FR folder? thanks
    Last edited by johnfallon135; 11.10.2016 at 07:24.

Quote Originally Posted by johnfallon135 View Post
    {Not Enough Quota}
    Not enough virtual memory or paging file quota is available to complete the specified operation"
    That issue is not related to GHL, it is a related to your PC.

The .mhx file is the firmware file which is located in the firmware folder inside the GHL Control Center folder.

The Code 10 error relates to the USB/RS232 driver belonging to your adapter. You may need to find a compatible version with your windows OS or update to the newest driver version.

my GHL Control Center folder only contains:

(Folder) GHL Control Center
    (Folder) Tools --> Flasher shortcut
    GHL Control Center shortcut
    Unistall GHL Control Center shortcut

i searched my computer for .mhx and it's not found on my computer

I have the GCC and PC programs installed and also downloaded the FR folder
    Last edited by johnfallon135; 11.10.2016 at 18:18.

If you download any of the newer versions of GCC, the firmware file will be included in the download.

Go to:
    (C: ) -> Program Files (x86) -> GHLControlCenter_V108x -> Firmware -> ProfiLux 3

Firmware files will be there.

thanks so i got everything working now but i get stuck on the flash programmer after i click full operation it says "please push reset button on user board" then i plug my profilux back in then it doesn't download or do anything it just stays on that screen. environment is 4 and double checked that my rs232 port is the same port 4 environment on my device manager. Target microcontroller is MB91F467D and Crystal Frequency is 4mhz

the profilux interface controller just boots up normally after i re-plug it in during the "please push reset button on user board" screen. it doesn't go into a downloading screen or anything
    Last edited by johnfallon135; 11.10.2016 at 20:57.

okay so i restarted my computer and tried it again but it now says "ERROR!! No.001 Download error" at 3/7 of the download

Make sure that your are selecting the correct COM number which is where the ProfiLux is located.

When the push reset button message pops up:
    - If you have a ProfiLux 3, quickly disconnect the power to the controller and plug it back in. The download will then start.
    - If you have a ProfiLux 3.1, press the reset key on the ProfiLux board. The download will then start.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.png

during this time i unplug the power to my profilux then plug it back in. also tried leaving the plug out prior to the reset message then plugging it back in during the reset message but still get this error message (Profilux 3)

Untitled3.jpg

i feel like i'm so close lol!
    Last edited by johnfallon135; 12.10.2016 at 18:10.

hey vinny just wondering if you're looking into this as i was hoping to get it working by the weekend thanks!
    Last edited by johnfallon135; 14.10.2016 at 03:25.