Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Profilux, DIY LED, and effects ...

maybe I am juust missing here something - ProfiLux outputs the brightness signals over a standard 1-10V-interface and most LED drivers have exactly this interface

where is the problem?

maybe you are talking about flashes - this will not be possible because third-party hardware doesnt't support this - for this reason we developed our Simu

yes I was talking about the flashes. why do you say this is not possible? it would just be rapin up and down the controle line (1-10v) really fast?

technically not possible - we are talking about ms and I doubt that a standard LED driver will follow the signal so fast

I thought the meanwell drivers were also used for moving signs. I have seen moving signs flash using led's.

There might be a few ms delay from the start to finish, but the reaction is pretty fast, fast enough to do a "fake" thunderstorm.

It should be easily tested if the L port would be configured as a current pump and mode set as Random. I’m still waiting for my driver but I will be testing it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by boboxx View Post
    There might be a few ms delay from the start to finish, but the reaction is pretty fast, fast enough to do a "fake" thunderstorm.

It should be easily tested if the L port would be configured as a current pump and mode set as Random. I’m still waiting for my driver but I will be testing it for sure.
    Personally I'd like a little more "lag/delay" between th ON and OFF cycle. I was just in a massive thunderstorm in Hilton Head SC on the beach and I took notice to how the majority of real "Lightning" lasts longer than the flash we have on our systems.

Thunderstom work on Meanwell driver?

If you mean if the LEDs can flash like a Simu, then the answer is no, look at Matthias' comment:
    "maybe you are talking about flashes - this will not be possible because third-party hardware doesnt't support this - for this reason we developed our Simu"

If you mean if you can enable the simulation "thunderstorm" on the illumination channel belonging to the LEDs, then yes, that's possible - the LEDs will then darken during a thunderstorm.

maybe a can ask a very direct question, how the flash signal is send to the simul, by the 10v or by another pin the interface cable, with this information, i will be able to simulate it with a strobe light. Thanks,