Thread: Cant connect to GHL Mitras with laptop but can with main pc computer?

Default Cant connect to GHL Mitras with laptop but can with main pc computer?

Hi

I have finally managed to install the LED over my tank and get the tank started but I cant seem to use my laptop to connect to it. It does not even seem to
    recognise it in the control panel, it does not show up as anything. It works fine with my main PC but not this windows 7 laptop. I have checked both USB ports and everything is working fine so what am I doing wrong? The Mitras has the wrong time and the auto illumination program is outa sync.

I have installed both GHL control software available in the download section and no luck.

It also does not work with my windows 8 tablet.

Could anybody help or suggest what might be the problem.

Thank you

ok an update,

I managed to connect to my main computer again, I had to haul it downstairs to make to work, Which is a major nuisance. But another problem, it wont let me update the firmware it keeps asking for a com address or something which i cant find under the device manager when i press next it gives me a error message about not being able to update the firmware and to restart the system. This light is turning out to be a big headache. And the issue from my previous thread still appears even after setting all the channels to zero, the royal blue does not switch off, even though it shows 0% it is stuck on 1%, because if i go into manual mode and press the arrow down it turns th elight off. There is something wrong with this light.

could someone from GHL please help me with this strange problem.

thank you

OK, managed to update the firmware but still have this strange problem of the Royal Blue channel refusing to turn off.