Thread: Doser 2 - need calibration help

Default Doser 2 - need calibration help

Hi all,

So my entire tank runs everything GHL. I bought this doser actually a while ago and have been tinkering with the software only and last flashed it to 1.19. I then put it away and went on my travels. Today I thought let me get this thing going. Take it out connect to it 1.0.8.4 which is what I had at the time I bought the doser started to read how to calibrate. Notice something..... my LAN would not connect for some reason.... LAN connection worked tested it on router just the doser wouldn't connect with LAN. Looked at the back no LAN activity (orange light yes no green).

I remembered reading somewhere new firmware required.

Anyway I went ahead and calibrated pumps 3 and 4 as a test and worked well whilst downloading control center 1.8.6 I think is the current version.

I go ahead install 1.8.6 and it says new firmware, perfect apply new firmware and success I am now on 1.20.

I go ahead and test my two pumps again 3&4 as I couldn't remember if I needed to re calibrate - The pumps are noticeably slower.... in sound and visibly - no fear I think needs a good old calibration. Let me test pump 2 first - SOUNDS and you can see VISIBLY it is moving better.

Now method to calibrate:

I have a container 400ml with 200ml of water and an equal container empty on the other side. I then have a 60ml syringe that I use to test under 50ml (containers only go to 50ml). So for calibration at Firmware 1.19 - Pump 3&4 calibrated to 43ml. After firmware pump 3 &4 calibrated to 9 ml.........

I calibrate pump 2 (the seemingly working pump) and it gives me 34ml as calibration. All is good I enter this into the values.

Then my test (which I did on pump 3&4 at firmware 1.19 and it worked nicely) -

I do a manual dose of 100ml - I use 100ml first as I can see in the container with 200ml if there is 100ml left and I can see in the empty container if there is 100ml (double checking) - (remember pump 3&4 on firmware 1.19 worked). And surprise surprise pump 2 on firmware 1.20 ..... gives me 80ml when I asked it to give me 100ml.

I think wait let me reset everything:

Firmware : 1.20
    Calibrate: -- Speed: All set to 1
    Pump 4: Calibration 9ml (looks odd) enter value
    Pump 3: Calibration 9ml (looks odd again) enter value
    Pump 2: Calibration 35ml this time enter value

TEST After calibration - should work right?

Pump 4: Please dose 100ml - Doses 6ml - Right....
    Pump 3: Please dose 100ml - Doses 5.3ml - Ok....
    Pump 2: Please dose 100ml - Doses 82ml - The pump that wishes it could.

I am highly confused at what is going on right now for this premium product that is suppose to be so sophisticated with 24v pumps that can dose to 0.5ml..... Let me just reiterate a few things for clarity:
    1. This is a BRAND NEW doser. Besides me playing with software a month or two ago the pumps have never moved.
    2. Yes the lines are Primed as best as possible (I have the old doser to so been here before)
    3. It was working beautifully on 1.19 I just needed LAN to work hence the firmware upgrade.....
    4. There is a BIG noticeable (I can upload video or sound file) difference in the speed, sound visible running of pumps 3&4 and 1&2 (1 is still a virgin not calibrated or touched - to scared...)

Thank you

After your FW update to 1.20 the pump motor speeds may have gone back to their default setting. Pumps set to run at a slower speed will make more noise when they run.

If you need to dose to 0.1ml accuracy, set the pump speed to (1) or (2), save settings, then begin the calibration. After the calibration, enter the amount of ml dispensed and save settings. If you plan on dosing to 1ml accuracy, set the pump speed to (3), save settings, begin calibration, then save settings again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    After your FW update to 1.20 the pump motor speeds may have gone back to their default setting. Pumps set to run at a slower speed will make more noise when they run.

If you need to dose to 0.1ml accuracy, set the pump speed to (1) or (2), save settings, then begin the calibration. After the calibration, enter the amount of ml dispensed and save settings. If you plan on dosing to 1ml accuracy, set the pump speed to (3), save settings, begin calibration, then save settings again.

Vinny this isn't the issue.

I hear you when you say pump speeds can reset. Given that logic all pump speeds would be the same right. What I am saying:

1. Pumps 3&4 - Slow pitch noise slow movement
    2. Pumps 1&2 - Fast pitch noise fast movement.

I do not need 0.5ml accuracy I understand what the 1,2 etc settings are for.... I am asking about why all of a sudden are the pumps (after calibration AFTER firmware upgrade) not accurate AT ALL. I mean at speed 1, I ask pump 3&4 to dose 100ml it doses 9 ml..... and pump 2 I ask to dose 100ml it doses 85ml....

I am more interested in getting that right to be honest.

I didn't get an answer either on why the dosing is not accurate. I'm having almost the same problem all my pumps run the same speed, but after calibrating I'm asking it to dose 18ml per day, and it only doses 14ml, and then subtracts an odd number from the container that it dosed from i.e. 13ml.

Pump inaccuracies are commonly caused from errors in the calibration procedure. These can include trapped air within the lines, using a non-graduated beaker or container to hold the dispensed fluid, etc.

If you are not running the latest version of GCC and Doser 2 firmware, please update.

Thank you for answering me Vinny I'm calibrating the pump into a 50ml syringe, i calibrated each pump about 15 times and for the first 3 pumps it filled the syringe to 37-39ml the last pump filled the syringe to 41ml all 15 times calibrated. as a test i ran the doser over 24 hrs asking to have 30ml dosed. at the end of 24 hrs it dosed 26ml but subtracted 25ml from the 1000ml container. the container are no more than 12inches away from the doser, and the discharge is about 3 feet away. i do believe i have the latest version of GCC and the firmware, unless there was something put out in the last month.

FW version 1.22 is our latest.

Regarding the fluid monitoring issue, we will look into this and see if we can replicate it.

Hi

if you dose small amounts you should use the slowest pump speed.
    You calibrated with approx. 40ml, so it seems you work with the fastest speed.

what else to improve accuracy:
    - keep the hoses as short as possible
    - keep the height difference between inlet and out as small as possible
    - the outlet has to be higher than the inlet
    - if it is not acceptable that small amounts of the fluid flow back (can't be excluded under some circumstance in certain motor positions, although our 3 roller pump is better here than most competitors products) then please use return valves
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.