Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plans to develope Mitras.... ? It's been 4 years now with no upgrades

Thanks for the links,

Have to be honest, I prefer the look of the Mitras LX 6 series, not a fan of those curved grooves at the front of the panel. Should of just kept the same angular desing of the 6 series and just give us new LED modules. Still nice to see GHL improving their offerings for the customer.

Is it possible for us current mistras users to upgrade just their LED modules to those of the 7 series? I would like some new LED colours but dont want change my mitras 6 series design.

damn it..

just bought 2 extra units for my new system...

i hope there will be a upgrade option, and it wont be to expensive...

in the video that is posted in this thread, its said the old lamps will be upgrad able..
    Last edited by StarF; 20.09.2016 at 10:24.

I would like to know if the new tank mounts will fit the LX. 6000 series they do look good

just edited my post as I didn't see the video, you guys hit it out the park with P4 this will defiantly be an addition to the Christmas list. I am really keen to see the upgrade kits as per my original post, I am very serious sps collector and I have been waiting for these changes to uv/Cree... shame I chunked so much money into the 6x 6200 or I would be adding the 7000 as well but I don't think that good a boy this year.

Sorry for my earlier doubts
    Last edited by RichardW; 21.09.2016 at 23:57.

Looking at the new mounting option can GHL confirm how they connect to the back of the tank as it seems the bracket runs down behind the hight of the glass?

i got a dangerous question...

I can see the mitras 6200 is on sale on the shop for 720 euro... Would it be possible to buy another 6200, so i got 4 lamps, and then later update these for the new lamp that you are on your way with? i think it would be possible just wanted to be sure, before doing so...

I have a feeling these new items are a way off being released may be early 2017 (GHL please prove me wrong!!!)

there is no announcements on the website, GHL are not responding to this thread, and maybe they needed something to show off at Macna to show they are not left behind!

But one thing about GHL they wont rush the release of any product (not like some other manufacturers)

The release is not as far from now as you think and we certainly won't prematurely release a product until it's passed our test standards.

The Mitras LX mounting option will be compatible with the current version and is mounted with two mounting points behind the stand. More details on this will be available very soon.

The Mitras LX7 series has a new LED board (other LEDs, different form factor). The LX6 lamps are therefore not able to be upgraded with the new LED clusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

The Mitras LX7 series has a new LED board design for improved cooling and LED performance. The LX6 lamps are therefore not able to be upgraded with the new LED clusters.
    Wow that is a big let down, considering the prices for these units, I was under the impression that users would be able to upgrade.

Really disappointed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNGo...ature=youtu.be

1:40

it is said "there will be a upgrade path for these"
    Last edited by StarF; 02.10.2016 at 09:39.

We have these upgrade discussions every time when we are going to release something new. Some at GHL really hesitate to release new products due to this fact ...

It is just not possible to keep every product downward compatible to other or previous versions. If you do this you have no change for an optimal design and to use different technologies, you will always end in compromises.

These are my thoughts:
    - Why do you want to "upgrade" - just because there is something new? The Mitras LX 6 was and is one of the best LED lights on the market in regards to power, spread and spectrum.
    The release of another Mitras LX model will not make the existing LX 6 worse. They are still great lights.

- The LX 6 will still be produced, sold and of course supported when the LX 7 comes out.

Other brands have the same problem when introducing new products. As far as I know there is also no upgrade path for Radion G3->G4 , the new Apex powerbars are not compatible to the previous controller, etc. etc.,
    not to mention Apple with their silly headphone connector...

As said several times: The official announcement about features, facts and prices comes very soon, we plan to do this within the next 2 weeks, when our new website is ready.

Thanks.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.