Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plans to develope Mitras.... ? It's been 4 years now with no upgrades

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Plans to develope Mitras.... ? It's been 4 years now with no upgrades

As the title say what are the plans by the GHL development team to upgrade the Mitras platform... Since the launch of the Mitras ( I was in the front of the Que handing over my hard earned cash to support you) Echotech have realised now 4 upgraded and enhanced fixtures for their customer base excluding software platforms and with the recently introduced radion G4... What are the plans to bring GHL up with the times. The GHL platform was marketed as having full future proofing upgradabiltiy but there hasn't been any..

As a owner of 6x 6200hv I really hope we can see developments from you rather than having to think hard about following the growing crowds over to a company who are now clearly leading the way with innovation and customer care for these beautiful animal we love to keep.

Question to owners - as a community would you like to see led upgrades or colours changes and lense upgrades

Ask to GHL - don't remove this thread and let your community know our large investments are going to be rewarded with the upgradabiltiy you have promised.

What does the g4 have that the mitras dont? Cant see anything special with it.

My post wasn't specifically asking for a comparison on the Mitras vs the NEW G4 - I was asking what are the plans from GHL are going to be to update the Mitras platform. The reason I mentioned Ecotech is they have launched 4 fixtures on the same time scale that the Mitras has been out, with what can only be described as significant global uptake across their platforms, with published scientific papers demonstrating spectrum choices, illumination guides to maximise a reef environment. I could have chosen any manufacturer, Orpetch, Kessel, ATI, and now even Phillips, etc., etc who have been continuously investing RND into the LED market and providing their customers base with enhanced features, lenses, spectrum choices, power reductions.

As a GHL owner of 6 units, plus every other platform they supply, I'm not here to slag off the products or its community, but I feel that it is a fair question to raise within their forums

I want to know the long term plans from GHL as its has been four years since the launch of the Mitras products, and I do not see the same development going into the Mitras product as we do with other Vendors in the same market.

Looking specifically at the G4 - clearly, Ecotech has a larger customer base using their pendents, and the upgrades are clearly directed back at these owners. Promoting a better experience, better footprint, better energy output, better heatsink, with a better colour spectrum for what is the end game maximising their customer's coral health.

As a consumer, that's spent £5500 on the GHL LED I want to know where I invest my money in the future as outside this forum, the Mitras name doesn't bode very well, and why I came here

Hmm ok. The lenses on the g4 seem inovative. But the spectrum on the ghl seems to match? Even with more par?

Hello,

Per our policy, we do not openly announce upcoming GHL products until we feel they are ready for prime time. When new GHL products are ready, we will make an official announcement. Mitras has not been forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hello,

Per our policy, we do not openly announce upcoming GHL products until we feel they are ready for prime time. When new GHL products are ready, we will make an official announcement. Mitras has not been forgotten.
    an interesting debate, just wondering would these future Mitras plans would be available as a upgrade package for us current owners?

But honestly, apart from these new lenses there is not much the new G4 have over Mitras light now, I suppose a upgraded Mitras LED puck with some more LED colours and a new lens would even out the any minor advantage G4 might have. I have looked at the par figures that BRS put out comparing the G4 vs G3 and the improvement does not seem night or day, certainly an improvement but would it warrant selling your current G3/mitras to upgrade to them, definitely not. The most important upgrade for me about the G4 is that now you can connect directly with your mobile device to the unit without any additional purchase.

You should not be disappointed with the Mitras you have the G4 are not better than it, this is credit to GHL product that even after 4 years its still managed to match the competition but at the same time i appreciate your concern and certainly a few LED tweaks would help keep our concerns at bay about falling behind the field.

I aggre but i allso want it to be atleast ip65. So it can be used in closed kabinetts. The new Philips has this.

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk

The only thing i am missing, is mabye a little more blue leds, on my 6200.. I dont really care that ecotech has put out 4 versions of their lamp, as at least 2 of the versions have had smaller isues.. loud fans and so on.

My wish list is something like:
    the 6200 added with mabye 2 more of each blue color, and another channel with something that makes color pop a bit more..

and ofcource make it possible to upgrade our old units.

Also some kind of water resistance would be a massive improvement ;-/