Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plans to develope Mitras.... ? It's been 4 years now with no upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    We have these upgrade discussions every time when we are going to release something new. Some at GHL really hesitate to release new products due to this fact ...

It is just not possible to keep every product downward compatible to other or previous versions. If you do this you have no change for an optimal design and to use different technologies, you will always end in compromises.

These are my thoughts:
    - Why do you want to "upgrade" - just because there is something new? The Mitras LX 6 was and is one of the best LED lights on the market in regards to power, spread and spectrum.
    The release of another Mitras LX model will not make the existing LX 6 worse. They are still great lights.
    Thanks for taking your time.

It is true the Mitras 6200 is a still a good unit even after the lx7 is realeased. What i think many of ownes are missing is some of the uv lights... I would easely trade one of my warm white, and cool white, for a 410nm led, to get some more fluorescence from the corals. It was my understanding that the new lamp would have this.

I was just surprised, to be honest, as i dident think it would be a big problem to release a new led layout for the lamp, just as you did with the 6100 to 6200, to give the same led layout. There could ofcource be reasons why this wont be easy, that i dont know off.

Quote Originally Posted by StarF View Post
    Thanks for taking your time.

It is true the Mitras 6200 is a still a good unit even after the lx7 is realeased. What i think many of ownes are missing is some of the uv lights... I would easely trade one of my warm white, and cool white, for a 410nm led, to get some more fluorescence from the corals. It was my understanding that the new lamp would have this.

I was just surprised, to be honest, as i dident think it would be a big problem to release a new led layout for the lamp, just as you did with the 6100 to 6200, to give the same led layout. There could ofcource be reasons why this wont be easy, that i dont know off.
    This is a good point and actually i already have been thinking about this.

Since it is another form factor it is not possible to just use the LX 7 clusters for the LX 6, BUT: If there is enough demand we could produce clusters with a different LED setup for the LX 6. As you suggested, we would sacrifice a white channel for the UV.

I really would like to know if there is demand - it is pointless to produce clusters and nobody buys them.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

This is a good point and actually i already have been thinking about this.

Since it is another form factor it is not possible to just use the LX 7 clusters for the LX 6, BUT: If there is enough demand we could produce clusters with a different LED setup for the LX 6. As you suggested, we would sacrifice a white channel for the UV.

I really would like to know if there is demand - it is pointless to produce clusters and nobody buys them.
    Mabye make a anouncement, that for a limited time people can order these upgrades, and you will then produce them, if there is above xx demand for it.

If so, i would like to upgrade my 4 lamps... so there is your first order.

Would that mean u would remove all white leds? If possible just remove one of the leds, so instead of 6 cool white, and 6 warm white, you only have 5 of each, and then 2 uv. If you dont have enought channels to control 10 diffrent leds, just combine it with the channel from the hyper violet, they would probaly all be running at 100% any way, and 5 of each white channel is still enought, people usaly run the pretty low to get that blue look... any way just my thoughts on how it could be done.

Since it is another form factor it is not possible to just use the LX 7 clusters for the LX 6,

would it not be possible, to use the same cluster board, if you also included new reflectors? unless that is not the only thing preventing you from using same led boards.
    Last edited by StarF; 02.10.2016 at 15:36.

Quote Originally Posted by StarF View Post
    Mabye make a anouncement, that for a limited time people can order these upgrades, and you will then produce them, if there is above xx demand for it.

If so, i would like to upgrade my 4 lamps... so there is your first order.

Would that mean u would remove all white leds? If possible just remove one of the leds, so instead of 6 cool white, and 6 warm white, you only have 5 of each, and then 2 uv. If you dont have enought channels to control 10 diffrent leds, just combine it with the channel from the hyper violet, they would probaly all be running at 100% any way, and 5 of each white channel is still enought, people usaly run the pretty low to get that blue look... any way just my thoughts on how it could be done.

I would upgrade my 4 lamps also!
    Count me in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can somebody please advise why the form factor has changed from the LX 6 platform (I mean in more detail than we are producing the optimum design marketing jargon!)

Having invested in LX6 series pendants, and having seen on this forum that the existing platform would offer possibilities to upgrade in future (gunther), i am to say the least 'a little bit miffed' that the platform offers no opportunity to upgrade from 4 year old technology...at all!

We got a few requests of Mitras LX6 owners for LED-clusters with the LX7-LED-mixture.

If we have enough demand we could produce a small series of these clusters.

I just created a poll to find out:
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...our-Mitras-LX6
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by jpt12345 View Post
    Can somebody please advise why the form factor has changed from the LX 6 platform (I mean in more detail than we are producing the optimum design marketing jargon!)

Having invested in LX6 series pendants, and having seen on this forum that the existing platform would offer possibilities to upgrade in future (gunther), i am to say the least 'a little bit miffed' that the platform offers no opportunity to upgrade from 4 year old technology...at all!
    @jpt12345,
    From the 10ft perspective I can understand your frustration - and you do have a great question.

Can you tell me Why you're looking to upgrade to the LX 7 - let's discuss a couple of these points.

* The LX 7 offers WiFi to connect to your home network(etc) - the LX 6 did not have a provision for this, as such a new mainboard is required. As such chip and component layout changes may be in order, further requiring changing of component placement.
    * The LX 7 offers GHL Power Balancing Technology® - this was a feature that was not available on the LX6's - as such, once again a mainboard change, more components had to be shuffled, leading to further changes in component layout
    * The LX 7 offers a Ultra Violet channel @ 385 nm that the LX 6 did not offer - GHL is currently taking a poll to gauge interest for upgrade clusters for the LX 6. (LINK: Do you want to buy Mitras LX7 clusters for your Mitras LX6?)

It's my understanding that the LX 7 is the latest in the Mitras line-up, the LX 6 was not retired, but received a bigger, more advanced brother.
    marco

RS Reefer 450; /////GHL P3 * 2x PB5.1 * PLM-PWC * -> * 2x Mitras LX 7206, Doser 2 SA Royal Exclusiv RD3 80w(10v) * Bubble King Double Cone 180 w/ RD3
    GHL Owners Facebook Group: GHL Owners / ProfiLux / Mitras / etc