Thread: GHL Mitras lx 6100HV strange behaviour?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default GHL Mitras lx 6100HV strange behaviour?

Hi GHL

I recently bought a GHL Mitras LX 6100HV ( about 2 weeks ago) unfortunately because of being so busy with work and also receiving wrong
    power cord for the country of origin( which was sorted very quickly, so thank you GHL for such fast service and help ), I only just over the weekend managed to test the unit finally.

One of the channels in manual mode behaves strangely. When i turned on the light for the first time, there was no power up of the light and it required me turning the unit on and off to get any light from it. When the light did managed to come on, I went into manual mode to configure the different channels but these configuration reset every time I exited manual mode. I am assuming this is done on purpose?

So my main issue is, I wanted to turn off the lights and went into the option, All LED OFF and everything was fine. Then when entering manual mode and exiting, the royal blue channel does not go off 100%, it always seem to be on slightly. All LED OFF command seems to be negated when entering manual mode and exiting. Everything is standard with the device in regards to firmware, I believe its firmware 1.18. I have managed to connect with the GHL control software. To summarise the royal blue channel even though showing zero 0% on the manual mode it still on by 1% increment after exiting manual mode even though ALL LED OFF options is selected. I have not tested yet predefined program that comes with the LED as my tank is not ready yet to mount the lights on. I am assuming that royal blue LED channel will be on during the night even though it should be off, my preference is to have the tank in total darkness during the night.

There was no manual included with my device and was wondering how do you manage to power down the LCD screen when not in use. The screen powers down after a few minutes and just stays like that. I was wondering is there a mode which powers it down completely by turning if off after a few minutes of no user input on the buttons and then turns it on if it registers a user input on the buttons? I went into options for Display and messed with some of the setting but nothing happened that I noticed or expected.

apart from these minor issue, its a fantastic light with excellent build quality

any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Hi,

Did you set the start point of your lighting program to start at 0% for all channels?

Your end point must also be set to 0% for all channels. That will make all your LED channels turn off.

Connect your Mitras to GHL Control Center via USB and program your lighting schedule using light composer. Once that is done, be sure to transmit those settings to all LED channels and save your settings. Specified LED channels will turn off when they are scheduled to.

There is no option to completely turn off the display screen. There is however an option to dim the screen using the touch keys.

Hi vinny,

I will be mounting the lights over my tank over the next few days and will try what you say. But my issue was that this is happening in manual mode and only using the on the device Screen controls. I will try your suggestions and get back to you in few days time.

Thanks

Ok I have finally manged to install the light on my tank but unfortunately the same problem still exists even if i set all channels to zero in GHL control centre. the royal blue does not fully turn off even though it shows as 0% in both the front panel display and th GHL control centre software. Even if i update it, nothing helps.

could someone from GHL please help me. Also I it does not allow me to update the firmware using the software it just gives me a error.

Thanks

OK, after lots of tinkering I finally managed to update the firmware to 1.19 and the same problem still persists. Either I am doing something wrong or the light has a fault. The royal blue channel is stuck at 1% even if set at 0% in the GHL software. The only way to turn it off is to manually which is a huge nuisaance, my poor fish are all hiding because of the constant turn on lights and off and messing with the lights.

could someone please arrange a replacement unit since this problem/fault has been present from the first day i purchased this lights or the very least sort this issue out for me.

Thank you
    Last edited by SPSQueen; 05.09.2016 at 01:59.

are you sure you havent enabled moon simulation on that channel?