Thread: 1 Socket, 2 Functions?

Default 1 Socket, 2 Functions?

Hi all.

I happily set up my P3 almost 4 years ago and i haven't had to touch it since so im a little slow on how to program this request, I hope you can help me out.

I have a return pump used for AWC on socket 6. It switches twice a week and does a water change.
    I would like to turn that pump on for a certain time period irrespective of the water level. Essentially, i want to flush the tank with a small amount of water periodically.

How do i do this?

Thank you.

Hi,
    Assigning two commands to one socket requires you to use Programmable Logic. In order to get one socket to react to the AWC function and also turn on the same pump at specific times, you must use the OR function.

The same pump can be set to turn on using the timer functions. You can set it to turn on at specific times or in intervals.

Creating a Programmable Logic Command
    1. Go to the Programmable Logic page and select a gate.
    2. Set the function to OR.
    3. Set Input 1 to Drain Water and select the control circuit used by the water change function in the Levelsettings page. For example, if Water change is assigned to control circuit 3, input 1 should be set to Water Change 3.
    4. Set Input 2 to Timer and select the timer number which will be used to turn on the pump.
    5. Save settings

Assigning a Programmable Logic command to a socket
    1. Go to the Switch channels and outlets page and select the socket where you have the pump connected.
    2. Set the function to Programmable Logic 1.
    3. Save settings.

Creating a timer function
    1. Select the timer function you selected to use for this pump. It must be the same one you selected in the Programmable Logic steps above.
    2. If you want to run this timer with a set on and off time, use the Normal mode and set the on-time and off-time.
    3. If you want to run this timer in cycles, use the Cyclic mode and set the on/off intervals.

In short, the OR function for Programmable Logic means that the selected PL function is activated when at least 1 of the inputs are active.

More information on Programmable Logic can be found on our explanation guide here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...-instructions/

PERFECT!!!!

Thank you very much. I have never used the OR function before.

Thanks again.

Thanks again Vinny.

Another request is to now switch off the filters during this period.

The Gate for the filters' Programmable Logic is currently set with Filters 1 and Water Change (Inverted).

It seems to me that i require 3 functions for this Gate, is this correct?

How would i do this?

Thanks again.

Glad you got it working!

Can you please explain the role of your Water Change (Inverted) function and how you'd like for this PL gate to work?

Please also share screenshots of your Switch channels and outlets and Programmable Logic page.

Hey ya Vinnie.

Heres a screen shot of my PL and Water Change function.

Socket 4.png

PL.png

The Water Change (inverted) function turns the filter pumps off during water change. The water change itself is triggered by a timer.

What i would like is for this to remain but also for this socket to be switched off when the timer Process for the OP is triggered.

To break it down:
    The OP was to create a PL that allowed the Fill pump to turn on at specific times to flush the tank with water. (What you instructed me to do worked, thank you)
    Now i would like the Filter Socket (which is separate to the Pump Socket) to be turned off during this process but for 5 minutes longer.
    The Filter Socket is set to PL 6 which is pictured above. Having this socket set to Filter allows the Profilux to turn the filters off during feed pause and maintenance automatically.

Thanks, I hope this helps.
    Last edited by kassysimon; 13.08.2016 at 07:58.