Thread: water leakage sensor

Default water leakage sensor

I have a water leakage sensor that i am trying to install. i have tried everything and just cant get it to go,
    Should be easy. like installing a level sensor, but just have had no luck, does anyone have a idea on how to install it?

Hi,

Here's how to setup the Leak Sensors for the ProfiLux:

1. Connect the leak interface and sensor to a Level port on the ProfiLux
    2. Go to your Level settings page and select a control circuit.
    3. Set operation mode to “Leakage detection”
    4. Go to the Switch channels and outlets page and select the socket that you want to shut off in case of a leak.
    5. Set the function to “Fill Water”. Select the control circuit number you used for the leak sensor back in the Level settings page.

By default, this socket will stay on. When the leak sensor detects a leak, the socket will shut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi,

Here's how to setup the Leak Sensors for the ProfiLux:
    1. Connect the leak interface and sensor to a Level port on the ProfiLux
    2. Go to your Level settings page and select a control circuit.
    3. Set operation mode to “Leakage detection”
    4. Go to the Switch channels and outlets page and select the socket that you want to shut off in case of a leak.
    5. Set the function to “Fill Water”. Select the control circuit number you used for the leak sensor back in the Level settings page.
    By default, this socket will stay on. When the leak sensor detects a leak, the socket will shut off.
    Thanks for the reply,
    Just a couple of questions.

#which control circuit do you use? do you use any free one as I can't work out what circuit the leak sensor should be on.
    #I don't want to turn anything on/off, just want to get a alarm sent via email to say there is a water leak.

The control circuit you pick is up to you. For example, if you have Leakage detection assigned to control circuit 3, it would be identified as Level #3. For email notifications, you would add Level 3 to the notification list. When an alarm is triggered by the leak sensor (Level 3), you will get an email notifying you of the alarm triggered by the leak sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    The control circuit you pick is up to you. For example, if you have Leakage detection assigned to control circuit 3, it would be identified as Level #3. For email notifications, you would add Level 3 to the notification list. When an alarm is triggered by the leak sensor (Level 3), you will get an email notifying you of the alarm triggered by the leak sensor.
    Ok, so you are saying it does not matter which level number i choose? i can just choose any free level number?

Correct.

Thanks i got it working,