Thread: Doser 2 - No USBVCOM

Default Doser 2 - No USBVCOM

I have a Doser 2 that's still on firmware 1.02 but I cannot establish the USBVCOM connection to update it.

I installed GHL control center 1.084 and did the manual installation of the driver on a Windows 7 PC and on different PC with Windows 10. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have tried a different USB cable.

Is there any way to resolve this or do I have a Doser 2 that's defective and can't be updated ?

Please post a screenshot of your device manager screen when you have the USB cable connected and have the Doser 2 in boot-loader mode (Logo light-off).

Did you follow the steps provided on page 48?

USBVCOM will only show in device manager when the doser goes into boot loader mode.
    Last edited by Vinny; 19.07.2016 at 17:19.

Vinny the first screen capture shows the Doser 2 connected. When I try to put it into bootloader mode it doesn't always work. The logo light on the top of the doser stays on but the D2 disconnects. There is no USBVCOM shown in the Device Manager before or after trying to put it into Bootloader mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The bootloader mode is activated by GCC when you perform a firmware update (when going through the firmware update wizard).

After a few seconds the doser stops normal operation and waits for the new firmware, it is in the bootloader mode then.

You say you go through all steps of the update wizward and the the doser goes not into bootloader mode?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes, I am using the update wizard and it has gone into bootloader mode a couple of times but only intermittently. My only indicator is when the logo light on the top goes out. When I tried it again today it did not go into bootloader mode.

Hello Kirk,

are you using an USB-hub or something or is the Doser2 connected directly to the PC's USB-Ports?
    Trying another ports is also an option.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you MatthiasF I am not using a hub and have used 2 different PCs and USB cables, Windows 7 and Windows 10.

It does appear to be a USB issue.

Please download and follow these steps to manually put the doser in bootloader mode and do the update:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...-instructions/