Thread: Use TWO Profilux 3

Default Use TWO Profilux 3

I just upgraded my Profilux 3x to the ProfiLux 3.1T eX. I have an expansion box running in my sump room but I need some more ports for other things. Can I still use my good old Profilux 3x WITH my ProfiLux 3.1T eX in the same system?

In general yes, but

- you have to set a separate device address for every PL
    - it´s not possible to connect to both PLs with GCC at the same time
    - there is no communication or interaction in between the devices
    - PAB devices like the expansion box are assigned to one device - it´s not possible to control it from both PLs

Due that restrictions it seems not very useful to connect both PLs to one PAB bus unless the cable topic requires it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    In general yes, but

- you have to set a separate device address for every PL

- it´s not possible to connect to both PLs with GCC at the same time

- there is no communication or interaction in between the devices

- PAB devices like the expansion box are assigned to one device - it´s not possible to control it from both PLs

Due that restrictions it seems not very useful to connect both PLs to one PAB bus unless the cable topic requires it.

This is sad there is a good opportunity for you guys, to have a setting that says "act as slave" or "act as extender".

I am sure the extender box runs the same software .... Just in a different mode. This would be the same. It would just only allow the master Profilux to register PAB devices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk