Thread: Ph Probes fluctuating

Ausrufezeichen Ph Probes fluctuating

Hello,

I'm facing a problem, where BOTH my pH probes behave exactly as described by the OP in http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/ar...p/t-10661.html.

I might add that my ghl computer is offline, and the firmware has never been updated. Everything worked fine for years, however recently the ph probes fluctuate, cannot be calibrated etc, constantly moving between 10.5 and 3.00. The readings on my Temp probe has also been affected by this, fluctuating as well.

Conductivity remains stable, however if i activate the temp probe, the Conductivity fluctuates for a few seconds and then returns to normal.

I have opened up the unit and cleaned all the areas but the problem persists.

Would appreciate some help on the same.

Bello

Hello Bello,
    You mentioned that your controller is offline - is this an issue, or by your design?

Do you:
    • have any expansion boxes
    • tried the PAB reset / reassign devices
    • checked the sensor index
    • restarted the controller

Maybe this post points to some answers
    marco

RS Reefer 450; /////GHL P3 * 2x PB5.1 * PLM-PWC * -> * 2x Mitras LX 7206, Doser 2 SA Royal Exclusiv RD3 80w(10v) * Bubble King Double Cone 180 w/ RD3
    GHL Owners Facebook Group: GHL Owners / ProfiLux / Mitras / etc

Quote Originally Posted by ReefClownMIA View Post
    Hello Bello,
    You mentioned that your controller is offline - is this an issue, or by your design?

Do you:
    • have any expansion boxes
    • tried the PAB reset / reassign devices
    • checked the sensor index
    • restarted the controller

Maybe this post points to some answers
    The system is offline by "design" i.e. too lazy to configure the network settings.

-- I do not have any expansion boxes
    -- I "think" did try the PAB reset and reassign options. Is there a link to the procedure to do this so that I may recheck?
    -- How do i check the sensor index?
    -- By restart, do you mean reboot or revert to factory settings?

Thanks for taking a look

Please test your probes in a glass of water outside of the aquarium

regard Pit

You also may test your PL with another power supply (if you have one, i.e. from a doser or EX-box).
    This kind of error may occur if the input voltage isn´t stable. You told us, your PL worked for years, so the power supply ma have reache it´s end of life.

Reason are the build-in capacitors. Depending on load and temperature the agig reduces the capacity. A time before the power supply dies, the output voltage starts to fluctuate.
    If this happen, the ph probe is affectet first (own experience).
    Last edited by Gunther; 12.07.2016 at 07:23.

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    Please test your probes in a glass of water outside of the aquarium

regard Pit
    I have tried that, same result...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    You also may test your PL with another power supply (if you have one, i.e. from a doser or EX-box).
    This kind of error may occur if the input voltage isn´t stable. You told us, your PL worked for years, so the power supply ma have reache it´s end of life.

Reason are the build-in capacitors. Depending on load and temperature the agig reduces the capacity. A time before the power supply dies, the output voltage starts to fluctuate.
    If this happen, the ph probe is affectet first (own experience).
    I will try this. At this moment, the problem seems to be electrical in nature, perhaps not dependent on software. The fluctuations began gradually as well. Sometimes working fine, sometimes not.

I attempted to recalibrate both probes again today. I was able to successfully recalibrate ph probe 2, and its working as expected... for now. Unable to recalibrate probe 1, will try changing the power supply.

Thank you for your time