Hi all,

I have a unique senario and trying to find out if it is possible:

I have:
    1. Profilux 3 Main Controller -- Connected 6PAB-D Plug Bar
    |----> Location Main House
    2. Profilux Extender -- Connected 6PAB Plug Bar
    |----> External Fish House / Pump Room

Profilux 3 --- Connected via PAB to --- Profilux Extender

The distance between the two is around 30m.

Works perfectly.

Question:
    I now have a Inverter Battery backup system for all my pumps in the pump room - which cost an arm and a leg but I have battery backup for the all the pumps for 8 hours.

The problem I have is in a power outage, the main (house) Profilux will die due to no power. The Pump room will have power. Problem - The Profilux Extender turns all the Sockets OFF in the Pump room if it cannot contact the house main Profilux. Which makes me having backup power only in the pump room usless.

So I have two options:
    1. Run everything off the battery system -> Great but then I cant control without my profilux
    2. Find a way to tell the profilux that even with communication loss to the main profilux

So let me try option 2:

Does anyone know if I can force the Profilux Extender to keep the 6PAB running and not turn eveything off if it loses communications with the house Profilux.

I would appreciate the advice.

Hi,

Yes, you can set the certain sockets on the PAB powerbar to stay on or off during an outage or when there is no communication with the ProfiLux.

Here's how to do it:

1. Go to the System settings page
    2. Use the PAB drop down box to show the list of PAB devices connected and select the Powerbar you want to edit.
    3. Click "Configuration"
    4. Click the boxes in the "Initial States" if you want that socket to stay on by default. Uncheck the box to have the socket stay off.

Default Profilux and its extender

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi,

Yes, you can set the certain sockets on the PAB powerbar to stay on or off during an outage or when there is no communication with the ProfiLux.

Here's how to do it:

1. Go to the System settings page

2. Use the PAB drop down box to show the list of PAB devices connected and select the Powerbar you want to edit.

3. Click "Configuration"

4. Click the boxes in the "Initial States" if you want that socket to stay on by default. Uncheck the box to have the socket stay off.

Thank you for your reply.

If I go System> Settings >

I select > Expansion box - There is a config button but it does nothing

ExpansionConfig.PNG

If I select > Power Bar there is no config button?

Am I looking in the wrong place

I am on version: 6.19

Not to sure if that is why I can get into the configuration of the plug bar. I also see I am on Firmware 1.06 of the plug bar and not 1.0x whatever the latest is

@Vinny - any ideas?

Please update your Powerbar 6D-PAB to the latest firmware version:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...irmware-v1-08/

Make sure that when you do the update for this device, only this PAB device is connected to the ProfiLux, not the Expansion box. No other PAB device should be connected to the ProfiLux or daisy chained off of the Powerbar.

Here's how to perform a PAB device update:
    1. Connect to your ProfiLux
    2. Go to the Settings page and select the PAB powerbar to receive the update.
    3. Click on "Firmware-Update" and follow the on-screen prompts.

After the update, you can reconnect all other PAB devices.

In your first post, you mentioned having two Powerbar 6D-PAB, but only 1 is listed in your photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Please update your Powerbar 6D-PAB to the latest firmware version:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...irmware-v1-08/

Make sure that when you do the update for this device, only this PAB device is connected to the ProfiLux, not the Expansion box. No other PAB device should be connected to the ProfiLux or daisy chained off of the Powerbar.

Here's how to perform a PAB device update:
    1. Connect to your ProfiLux
    2. Go to the Settings page and select the PAB powerbar to receive the update.
    3. Click on "Firmware-Update" and follow the on-screen prompts.

After the update, you can reconnect all other PAB devices.

In your first post, you mentioned having two Powerbar 6D-PAB, but only 1 is listed in your photo?
    Got it I will do the update this weekend. I have one 6D-PAB one normal 6D I think thats what you guys call it. So still 6 sockets but not PAB
    My Expansion box is Firmware 1.07 but I am not sure if its Expansion 1 or 2 how do I check so I can update that firmware to?

@Vinny, is there any way to determine if you have Expansion box 1 or 2? I want to make sure I am running the latest firmware on it

Quote Originally Posted by myprofilux View Post
    @Vinny, is there any way to determine if you have Expansion box 1 or 2? I want to make sure I am running the latest firmware on it
    Got the answer - as clear as daylight on the website its white vs the old color