Thread: Optical Level Sensor PL-0082 Lifetime

Default Optical Level Sensor PL-0082 Lifetime

Just want to see what is the experience of the other people who use it as I am personally very disappointed of the Optical Level Sensor PL-0082 Lifetime. My first one failed after 1 year. I bought another. The second one failed yesterday after only 7 months of use. Both sensors were in a dark sump department. They were COMPLETELY CLEAN - no algae, no calcium deposits, no visual signs of wear or damage. One day they just stop responding, no error, nothing and I am lucky that I was at home yesterday and saw the white bubbles due to air in the return pump. Seriously for 70 euro price I would expect a capsulated sensor in a such clean area to last at least 2-3 years, not 7 months.

Hi,

we sold several thousand of the sensors in the past years and I can't confirm that there is a common problem with the lifetime.
    The sensores are sealed, of course, and water-resistant.

As with every product the actual conditions determine the life span. We can't judge from here the environment conditions.
    We give a 1-year guarantee for this kind of sensors, please contact us or your local dealer for a free replacement if the sensor is younger than 1 year (date of receipt).

Thanks.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.