Thread: "error while transmitting firmware"

Default "error while transmitting firmware"

This is the message I'm getting when trying to update the firmware on my Touch from 1.02 to 1.06.
    I'm connected to the Profilux via USB and the only device connected to the Profilux is the Touch.
    -dennis

Make sure you are selecting "Firmware update" from the PAB section and not from the maintenance section in the "Extras" tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Make sure you are selecting "Firmware update" from the PAB section and not from the maintenance section in the "Extras" tab.
    Yes, I am attempting from the PAB section in the extras tab.
    I also tried it from the system menu where you can see all connected devices.
    Same results from both places.
    -dennis

Is the Touch working at all or is it dead, e.g. After a failed update attempt?
    if the Touch is not working at all a normal update can't be performed anymore, but you can force an emergency update. Just follow the relating instructions during the update.

if the touch works as usual but the update is not possible then I have to come up with something else.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Is the Touch working at all or is it dead, e.g. After a failed update attempt?
    if the Touch is not working at all a normal update can't be performed anymore, but you can force an emergency update. Just follow the relating instructions during the update.

if the touch works as usual but the update is not possible then I have to come up with something else.
    The touch appears to be working as normal. Both before and after several update attempts.
    I'm just now getting everything set back up for the new tank and figured this would be a good time to make sure all components are up to date.
    -dennis