Thread: Gen 1 Slave Doser

Default Gen 1 Slave Doser

Hello, for the past three hours I have been trying to connect my Gen 1 3x Doser to Profilux 3.1Nex, no luck, I have followed all instructions (The few I can find) as well as the manual, no luck.

What I consider strange is that the Com light is off, not even 1 blink from it.

The doser is connected to S1-S4 port, no other Digital powerbar connected, numbers assigned are 1 - 4.
    My Profilux version is 6.14, and I have programmed the doser on S1-S4 using Control Center as well.

Can the unit be faulty?

Please some guidance would be great, if you need to know more about the setup let me know.

This may not be the correct information as I don't have a Gen 1 Slave Doser, but I did help set one up a few years ago.

Connect with GHL control centre to your Profilux
    Go to the System-> socket functions page
    Make sure the Digital powerbar connected on S1-S4 (outputs 1-24) is ticked.
    click save
    Connect your doser and nothing else to the S1-S4 port.
    Click Program digital powerboat or dosing pump unit...
    Select Numbering of a dosing pump
    Select the starting number you want to use for the dosing pump (if you have no sockets then 1 to 4 is fine. If you have 2 powerbar 6's using 1-12, then select 13 to 16 for the dosing pumps).
    Click next then program now.
    Click save changes if it is black.
    Click disconnect
    Click connect
    You should now be done, hopefully you should have communications lights on the dosing pump now.

To test if it works
    Assuming you set your doser to 1
    click on Activate Manual Override
    Turn on socket 1,2,3 and 4.
    As you do so each loser should turn on.
    Stay up to date with my efforts at Blue Tang Breeding here http://facebook.com/RegalTangBreeding and Mccullochi Clownfish Breeding here https://www.facebook.com/MccullochiClownfishBreeding

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    This may not be the correct information as I don't have a Gen 1 Slave Doser, but I did help set one up a few years ago.

Connect with GHL control centre to your Profilux
    Go to the System-> socket functions page
    Make sure the Digital powerbar connected on S1-S4 (outputs 1-24) is ticked.
    click save
    Connect your doser and nothing else to the S1-S4 port.
    Click Program digital powerboat or dosing pump unit...
    Select Numbering of a dosing pump
    Select the starting number you want to use for the dosing pump (if you have no sockets then 1 to 4 is fine. If you have 2 powerbar 6's using 1-12, then select 13 to 16 for the dosing pumps).
    Click next then program now.
    Click save changes if it is black.
    Click disconnect
    Click connect
    You should now be done, hopefully you should have communications lights on the dosing pump now.

To test if it works
    Assuming you set your doser to 1
    click on Activate Manual Override
    Turn on socket 1,2,3 and 4.
    As you do so each loser should turn on.

Thank you very much for your kind help and sorry for late reply.

I tried as you instructed but no luck, I even did a new cable as the original data cable was not giving signs of life, still, no communication with the doser. Probably it's dead

Where can I download a diagram of the data cable just to verify that the one I did is correct?

Sorry I don't have any details on the pinouts, hopefully GHL will supply them. I think that they may be listed in the documentation for the EVG modules as I seem to remember reading about it somewhere.
    Stay up to date with my efforts at Blue Tang Breeding here http://facebook.com/RegalTangBreeding and Mccullochi Clownfish Breeding here https://www.facebook.com/MccullochiClownfishBreeding

It is a Cable with RJ12 6/6 like this

Here the pinout, unfortunately only in German

Steckerbelegungen des ProfiLux.pdf
    regards Pit