Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REDOX PROBE setting for Nitrate reactor

Default REDOX PROBE setting for Nitrate reactor

hi
    Need some help to set the redox probe to -190mv and 10mv hys . for nitrate reactor and using plug socket to control feed pump and nitrate fluid

I have set the nominal value to -190mv and saved setting , but when i log out and back into the redox setting page the nominal value goes to 0mv
    using p3 ex and firmware 6.19

please help

Change the value and hit return, that's what I have to do

yes this doses work but if i go into the main control program it reverts to 0mv must be sum bug in the program will try upgading to new version and see what happens

Upgrade to new version.
    It will work.
    My issue with the redox in the denitrator is that you HAVE to calibrate and keep it CLEAN. Mine fluctuated from 80 to -200 when nitrate cycle is at peak

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

Hi Antonio,
    What values are you using for the redox probe. I use -250mv and 20mv hysteresis. Would be interested to know other people's settings.

Michael

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

My denitrator was fluctuating between -225 to 150.
    Keep in mind that my redox prove was inside the denitrator so when cycle is done nitrate is at zero and redox values are NEGATIVE.
    Now once I fish new water into the chamber values go as high as my DT redox. So I keep it at 100 with a deviation on 150 +/-

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

That s interesting. I have a redox probe in my NR400 and according to the manual the redox value should be always between -50 and -300. Furthermore it says values above might cause higher Nitrit and lower values cause the bacteria to breath on sulphur.
    So with your settings you are basically replacing the complete volume of water in the reactor?

Michael

Well my redox probe was very close to the area where the water inlet from the display tank was coming in.
    So I assume fluctuations were because of that. Plus my redox would only go to positive values once water was being flushed in.
    I have an 18 gallon denitrator and I was pumping 12-14 gallons every 6-8 hours

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

I see, so you are relying on exchanging a big portion rather than small amounts. May I ask what your DT redox is roughly?
    Would be great if others can share their settings as well!

Michael

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

My DT redox fluctuates between 220-350.
    I have noticed that I have to calibrate proved every 6-8 weeks in order for it to be effective

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo