Thread: Why is my AWC not working

Default Why is my AWC not working

I thought it was fixed here: http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...-level-sensors

Did something change? I had trouble reading the screen shots.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

I tested it out back then on spare sockets I had, iv just tried to implement it full on and it just won't work mate

This is how I have mine, I use two level sensors split on level 1 & 2 from the Profilux. I have max on time set to 3 hrs, 1.5 hrs to empty and 1.5 hrs to refill.
    Settings.PNG
    Level.PNG
    I use Timer 4 to activate the water change, but I leave it blank so it doesn't run if I'm not home. I start the water change manually from the settings page. Just add a time for unattended changes.
    Timer.PNG
    My switches are as follows, yours would be different but the idea is the same.
    Switches.PNG

HTH
    Perry

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras

Ok mate, thank you, I'm going to copy yours like for like, now if the water level gets down to the sensor before the 1.5 hours,then it will start to fill until it hits the top sensor, is that right

If ever you come to the uk Perry, the beers on me, iv tried it 3 times and it's working a treat mate, thank you so very very much mate

Yes, note the time yours takes from starting to drain to finished filling and adjust for your tank. I think this way the ATO could run for 3 hrs, AFAIK a third sensor would be required to avoid that.

Edit: Just to be clear, the ATO is disabled during the water change. I change ~10 gal once a week and push it through R/0 line with a ~15' head. If you change the volume to time ratio then the max time on becomes less of an issue for the ATO. HTH
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 20.04.2016 at 17:53.
    Perry