Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help needed please mitras lightbar

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    yes thats ticked.

seems as if it might be the communication lead at fault maybe? are there any other settings that need altering? or firmware for lightbar/drivers?

is there a setting on the profilux to check if the rs232 socket is working?

Wondering if I've missed something whilst setting up. this is how i set things up
    1) connect psu to split connector
    2) connect lightbar to split connector to the nearest socket to communication socket (not that i see this makes a difference but I've done it as shown on GHL site)
    3) connect rs232 connector to profilux, then female end to split connector
    4) set profilux program to mitras, this is showing under system as com 1 mitras, com 2 standard.
    5) switch power on to lightbar
    6) load a template and tick lightbar deep actinic 150

what am i missing!? so frustrating as I've got rid of my old light and this ones at 100% and i have a feeling my corals are going to start bleaching now, its too bright all day long.
    its either on or off. aagghhh!!

thanks Jon

check again the settings on Profilux directly. Otherwise remains only to back up the data, and reset the Profilux to factory settings.
    Do you use the normal splitter, or the Active Splitter?

regards Pit

hi Pit, i tried a factory reset earlier. regarding that, when reset should everything be deleted such as what socket functions i had set? as once done these were still the same.
    what settings are there directly on profilux? the only one i can see is under illuminations, mitras bar, cross ticked then saved.

thanks, Jon

these were the items purchased. its an LB splitter, should i have purchased an active splitter too?

1x PL-1111 Mitras Lightbar Deep Actinic 150

1x PL-1051 Mitras-LB-ProfiLux-Cable

1x PL-1048 Mitras-LB-Splitter

1x PL-1049 Mitras-LB-Z-Holder

1x PL-1094 Mitras-LB-PSU300, UK

mitras.jpg

this is what i looked at when buying the equipment.

doesn't mention the active splitter

Quote Originally Posted by jstephens251 View Post
    Wondering if I've missed something whilst setting up. this is how i set things up
    1) connect psu to split connector
    2) connect lightbar to split connector to the nearest socket to communication socket (not that i see this makes a difference but I've done it as shown on GHL site)
    3) connect rs232 connector to profilux, then female end to split connector
    4) set profilux program to mitras, this is showing under system as com 1 mitras, com 2 standard.
    5) switch power on to lightbar
    6) load a template and tick lightbar deep actinic 150

what am i missing!? so frustrating as I've got rid of my old light and this ones at 100% and i have a feeling my corals are going to start bleaching now, its too bright all day long.
    its either on or off. aagghhh!!

thanks Jon
    These are the correct steps.

Either the RS232 port is damaged/faulty or the Mitras-LB-Profilux cable is not transmitting the data to the LB. Please check to see that all the pins on the RS232 end are there and not bent or missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    These are the correct steps.

Either the RS232 port is damaged/faulty or the Mitras-LB-Profilux cable is not transmitting the data to the LB. Please check to see that all the pins on the RS232 end are there and not bent or missing.

thanks Vinny, I'll take a look at lead ends. Is there a setting on the profilux at all that shows when somethings connected on the RS232 port?
    Would be a handy feature for this situation.

Thanks, Jon

Hi Vinny, I examined the lead, all pins still fine.
    As the lead is low cost and nothings working anyway I've taken the rs232 apart to examine it, only 2 screws opens it up.
    the cable used is 3 core and only 2 cores are soldered to rs232 socket. I don't suppose you would know if this is correct?