Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help needed please mitras lightbar

Jon,

Getting status readings from the RS232 is not available because this type of connection does not support it.

Yes, two wires should be connected, this is normal.

Please send us an email so we can provide you with 2nd level support: info@ghlusa.com
    Last edited by Vinny; 19.04.2016 at 18:09.

Hi Vinny

I have been in contact with GHL and they said its either a faulty lead or RS232 socket on the profilux. My options are to either send the unit back for inspection or buy a RS232 extension.
    Bit of a joke really as the units only 1 year old and they want me to pay for the RS232 socket plus postage when its their equipment thats failed.
    I used to own a Maxspect light fitting and the display went faulty (outside of warranty) and they sent me out foc parts to fit. The profilux is under warranty, cost me 1500 plus the expense of the mitras and they offer nothing. Very disappointed to be honest and seriously considering ditching it and switching to Apex.
    Its all well and good them having the unit back but what happens to the fish tank in the mean time, the controller is the brain of the whole system.
    ahh glad thats off my chest lol

Thanks

Jon

just thought id keep this post updated with info. I decided to order another Lightbar along with a RS232 interface. Received both today, plugged new lightbar in to profilux without fitting new interface and away it went straight away working. So after all this its the Lightbar 150 thats faulty. Very frustrating but glad i didn't send off my profilux as would have waited ages for it to return to find out its the light anyway.
    Anyway, faulty lightbar is going to be sent out tomorrow to GHL for them to look at it. Not a good start but the light received today is fantastic.

Thanks for help.

Jonathan