Thread: Leak sensor corroded and failing despite never having got wet

Default Leak sensor corroded and failing despite never having got wet

Hi team,

I have a leak sensor that has never experienced a leak in the 15ish months that I've used it, however some of the pins are corroded and it triggers false alarms - the first one nearly gave me a heart attack

It was placed on the floor behind (not in) my aquarium cabinet.

Is this lifespan normal?

Thanks
    Andy

Hi,

I am quite sure that GHL didn't ship this item in this condition, right

The lifespan is not limited under normal conditions (means dry, not (salt-)water).

The photo shows clearly corrosion. No corrosion without water.

If cleaning (e.g. brush) doesn't bring the sensor back to operation I am afraid only a replacement is an option.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hello Matthias,

Thank you for your reply. The sensor was perfect when received

The sensor had never triggered and alarm for being wet until the time I had to investigate and found it to be rusty - only a few pins are rusty. It was certainly dry then and dusty. I think perhaps it's moist air that's caused it.

Do you recommend a toothbrush or could I use something stronger like a wire brush?

Danke