Thread: Optical Level Sensor PL-0082 Lifetime

Frage Optical Level Sensor PL-0082 Lifetime

What is the usual life of PL-0082 optical sensor in seawater used in the sump for ATO?
    Mine begins their second year and I was surprised today an optical sensor stops working ...
    It constantly indicates the presence of water. if I light it with a lamp indicates a lack of water, so, the problem does not come from the cable because the sensor is still able to change state. But it no longer works correctly ... This kind of sensor is to be replaced each year?

Thank you in advance.

The lifetime of the sensors will depend on the kind of environment it is kept in. With regular cleaning, it will last several years.

Hello Vinny,

The external appearance of the sensor is as new, it's clean, no signs of wear ... the problem is electronic.
    The environment? It is in the sump, into the variable level compartment filled with sea water, that's why it is designed, not?

Thank

By environment I mean, the conditions around the sensor. For example, if alkalinity or calcium is dripped near the sensor, it can cause some buildup. In a salt mixing container, depending on the salt used, some buildup can also occur.

Please check your cable for any bends and kinks.