Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I set "Switching Cycles per Day"

Default How do I set "Switching Cycles per Day"

Hello:

I am trying to set a socket to turn on my UV Sterilizer for 1 hour on - then 2 hours off - then 1hour on and continue repeating. I assume that I would use a timer to do this. The manual says:

"After the selection of the timer which you would like to program, you can first enter the number of Switching cycles per day (0 up to 8; 0 means that this timer is not active). “

I cannot see anywhere to set the switching cycles per day. Can you send me a screenshot or diagram of exactly where I can find this setting? Or please explain how I can accomplish my goal?

Thank you

Donald

Go into timers and select new, then put in the start time, then the end time, clip save

Do this again on the same timer for the next time period and so on,

Now go to sockets and on the socket you have your uv plugged into select the timer you have just used to lay out your timings.

Go to top of the page and select save.

I'm away until tomorrow, if nobody has shown you a screenshot I'll post one for you once home.

Or use the cycle option

It is a "german screen shot", but I think you will understand.

Timer.jpg

This is perfect, thank you both

Donald

I think I understand how to do this but then maybe (definitely) my question was not stated correctly. I want my UV light on for 1 hour and off for 2 hours and I want to repeat that 3 hour cycle all day every day. I mean that on each day I want On 1 hour - off 2 hrs - on 1 hr - off 2 hour - on 1 hour and continue 24 hours a day 7 days a week

Can you add some details for the uneducated :-)
    By the way, for what its worth, Bjorn, I used your Timer suggestion as my solution

Thank you

Donald

Hello Donald,

the timer will be repeated with its setpoints on:7200s; off:7200s; on:7200s; off:7200;... in sequence.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

how can that be if the 'on / off' periods are not the same? i would like 1 hour on and 2 hours off repeating ad infinitum
    Last edited by DonaldLL; 16.03.2016 at 07:08.

It will work like Björn showed.
    Did you try it for testing with shorter times, already?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

well it came on for 1 hour then turned off and has not come back on but I must confess, i will need to verify my settings in the morning. It is almost 3am in Miami :-)
    I will circle back regardless

thank you for the reply
    Donald

Just confirming that Bjorn's method works just as described. I had an incorrect setting in the Interval but once corrected all is good!

Thank you

Donald