Hello!

Just experienced a leaky ATO solenoid. The ATO logic functioned perfectly and as expected, but that didn't matter since the solenoid from the fresh water tank leaked keeping filling the sump. Salinity dropped and problem found. No problem.

BUT, I'd like to failsafe should this happen again! I plan to program using programmable logic so if the ATO does NOT activate in a given time, it means that the solenoid is leaking, and an emergency pump (or AWC) should drain to waste to save the floor from a flooding sump. During normal operation, the ATO should activate in regular intervals.

I've got it all figured out in theory, but need to know the following about the pulse-function of programmable logic (section 3.1 in programmable logic manual from GHL):

Look at figure 3.1: if the input (the blue line in figure 3.1) is switched off at 9 sec and then on again at 11 sec, when will the output (pink line) turn off? Will it be at 12 seconds (thus counting 12 seconds after the FIRST on-turn of the input, or will it be at 23 seconds (thus counting 12 seconds after the LAST on-turn of the input).

Thanks for helping me out on this!

PS. I know, doesn't mean that I don't have to clean the solenoid, but at least it saves the floor if LARS strikes (Lasy Ass Reefer's Syndrome)