Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Meanwell ELN-60-48D LED Driver

from what i understand, the optimal ratings listed for the meanwells assumes a 350mA load. You can certainly drive it to 1A, but from the builds that i have run across, almost nobody is driving at 1A. The majority are driving at less than 750 and the people who have large arrays with optics are driving them at less than 500, because they have seen coral bleaching at higher intensity levels.

The threads that I have seen most are driving the blues at 700mA and the whites at or near 1A. If you notice bleaching you can either de-rate the lamps even more or just adjust your dimming down.

I had one setting wrong in the Profilux. I had the voltage a 0-10 instead of just a 1-10. That fixed the intial dimming problem. I then verified that I am getting 10 volts on the dimming circuit at 100% so that is good. I am getting ready to double check my driver and make sure the voltage pot is turned up all the way and take me reading again. I am not too concerened becuase the lights are waaaaaay bright.

When you are adjusting the pots inside the driver:
    SVR1 = Output voltage adjustment
    SVR2 = Output current adjustment
    that is as shown on
    meanwell.com specsheet for ELN-60
    If running the LED's in series add the total foward voltage of each LED in the string to get to the required output voltage eg 13 x 3.5 = 45.5v
    Last edited by camnbron; 21.01.2010 at 01:44.

After talking with some guys about SVR1, it does not really do much for the number of LED's in my string. I took measurements with it turned all the way up and down and you can not see a difference.

My voltage looks to be okay with how much I am driving the LED's. I must have not a good reading of the current in the circuit and probably under driving them more than I thought.

I still only get 9.7 volts out of the dimming lines though at 100%. I am not sure why I am not getting 10 volts.

I am not real concerned though because the lights are really bright at the settings they are at.

Does anybody know what the evg-ap abbreviations are? What are PE, N, and L?

Protecting Earth
    Neutral
    Live

How does this correspond to the white, black, and green wires from a 3 prong power cord

Fro what I have figured out.

Protecting Earth=Green
    Neutral=White or Black
    Live=White or black

Shouldnt matter which is live and and neutral, they both make the loop

Monty ... have you had any luck? I now have all the LED's I need to build the LED modules. Unfortunately I'll need to hook up 30+ Meanwell drivers. I really need to figure out a way to get more of them per dimming channel. There has got to be a solution to attach more than 3 Meanwells per dimming channel.

Any suggestions Matthias?

I'm also looking into led's.
    but i bought a dali module to drive my T5 ballasts.
    For the leds => steering the drivers is what is holding me back.

But now I have to choose between buying T5 dali ballasts or go the led way.
    led drivers + dali = perfect match
    if you think about it :
    - Led fixtures normal need great numbers of drivers, dali can drive them all
    - Dali can reduce the cable clutter.
    - Dali will reduce the need for 0-10v outputs on my profilux

I understand why more company's make more dali drivers (eldo led makes them)
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 14.02.2010 at 11:42.