Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwell ELN-60-48D LED Driver

Hi dipan,

I’m still working on it. I had not much time last days. I would like to test everything before I post something what could possibly damage someone’s equipment. I’m now in the phase to optically divide the circuits so, that the PL side is protected against failure in the driver controlling circuit.

Thanks Monty

Does anyone know how to connect their meanwell driver to the EVG-AP2? Not sure how these connect. Do i just connect the Dimming leads to the EVG-AP2 card? or do i need to connect it to a power source first?

the dimming lines from the meanwell, white(-) and blue(+), plug into x104 on the evg-ap2 and the power line from the meanwell plug into x103.
    Did you get the instructions with the evg-ap2.

If you plug the power lines from the driver into the evg then you will be able to make sure that the lights are completely off. I dont think that with the meanwell that you HAVE to plug the power lines into the evg, but why wouldnt you?

Quote Originally Posted by jdrabek View Post
    the dimming lines from the meanwell, white(-) and blue(+), plug into x104 on the evg-ap2 and the power line from the meanwell plug into x103.
    Did you get the instructions with the evg-ap2.

If you plug the power lines from the driver into the evg then you will be able to make sure that the lights are completely off. I dont think that with the meanwell that you HAVE to plug the power lines into the evg, but why wouldnt you?
    I just want to make sure i don't break anything.

so on the AC IN side, i just connect it to the house main power.
    On the DC OUT side i connect the red/black to x103 and the white/blue to x104.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

The AC from the driver gets plugged into x102(ballast 1) or x103(ballast 2) depending on if you have 1 or 2 drivers you are using. Then you need to supply power to the board through connection x101 which provides power to your 1 or 2 drivers.

The DC OUT, red and black, from the driver gets fed to whatever you are driving. In my case they are the positive and negative leads to my LEDS.

The white and blue get fed into x104 which are the dimming control lines. Connection
    x104 has four slots. One set for ballast 1 and one set for ballast 2. From left to right, with x104 being the left side the connections go +,-,+,-. The first 2 from the left are for ballast 1.

If you look on the forum I am sure you can find an image of the board and a wiring schematic. I have seen one or two of them on here. You should also be able to get the directions from GHL site.

Hopefully I am not making it worse for you.

Here is a link to that diagram...I am also doing a build for my 75g tank with 72 LEDS 6 Meanwell 60-48-d drivers, and struggling a bit.http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...php?p=15816285

I new someone would have an image of it.

I just tested my first set of LED's using this board and a meanwell driver. My first one is blue only LED's, ran out of money, and the second one will be whites only. This will be a long strip fixture with alternating whites and blues and go in the middle of my 6 bulb T5 set-up. I am having my heatsink cut down for this, but I did wire up and test the blues a few minutes ago. Everything seems to check out and I was able to adjust the current to what I wanted to drive the blues at. I was also able to ramp the blues up and down using the profilux, but I have not figured out the lighting control for this fixture yet in the software. I will do some reading tonight.

Can anyone elaborate on the manual dimming in the controller for LED's? When in manual mode, which is based on %, my lights dont even come on until I hit 10%. Is this 10% of 1-10 volts or should I be getting lighting as low as 1%? The other thing I noticed was that for my 12 blues running at .7 volts, at 100% I am only getting 40 volts from the driver. Shouldnt this be around 48 volts? Am I actually getting 100% of what the lights can do at this current setting?

Hi jdrabek,
    Good to see more people having a go. My LED's finally arrived as have my drivers. Now all I need is a quite time at work to do my homie! Great to see others doing the same type of thing as me.
    It would be fairly easy to graph the driver output versus the profilux L port output - just hook up a multimeter in plave of the LED's and measure the voltage at controlled steps - 0%, 10%, 20% 30%, etc,.

I haven't got to that point yet - I'm still in the "how the heck do I wire these tiny LEDs on these 10mm Squares?!?!" phase
    Have you calibrated your driver? (adjust the pot to match the total voltage - number of LED's in series x LED voltage and the other pot to match the max current - 1000mA).
    Also, what do you mean by "other thing I noticed was that for my 12 blues running at .7 volts, at 100% I am only getting 40 volts from the driver"

Actually I meant to say .7 amps. I am not driving the blues at max current because of others recommendations.