Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Meanwell ELN-60-48D LED Driver

Hi Blahenazo,

Dali is nice and I would go this way, but finally you will find out that you will use twice so much drivers and tree times more money. There is no Dali driver out there with 48V so that you can drive 12-16 LEDs on one string.

Jan

Did you check the eldo power drive 180W ?

Maybe I'm missing something but it says 180 W on 4 channels ( in the datasheet it doesn't say if the channels are limited I guess so, I find no info per channel
    but hey If they are you can still have 4 chains even if it would be 10 chains on 1 device and since it's Dali => more channels more flexibility. ( Dali is limited to 128 ?
    ok => the profilux to 32 channels

hmmz idd it doesn't add up. meanwell can run them @ 48 V this driver only has 32 output I guess.
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 14.02.2010 at 19:03.

That a neat driver. I hadn't seen it before. Thanks. But I can see two potential problems. They specify all sorts of nonsense on a two page spec sheet but fail to mention output voltage range. Seems to me this would be an important spec to know.

Second, it requires a DC power supply. I had hoped to simplify by running of main AC.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has successfully figured out a way to connect more than 3 Meanwell drivers per dimming channel on a P3.

i am jumping on the LED bandwagon and building a small for my fuge/frag part of my sump. i am using 12 Cree x series leds with a meanwell driver hooked up to a EVG board.

My question is when you hook up the meanwell AC to the Evg board, do you plug the AC from the Evg to a controllable socket or just a standard AC wall socket?

If you have the EVG board that has the relays on it and are using that to connect to the meanwell dimmable drivers, then you plug the AC lead from the EVG board into a standard AC wall socket.

well,

I check back on the eldo drivers and it seems they made new ones (release june-july) I'm no expert but dali, Ac, 48 V even 60 V output => seems to be promissing.

Quote Originally Posted by dipan View Post
    Bumping this thread to see if anyone has successfully figured out a way to connect more than 3 Meanwell drivers per dimming channel on a P3.
    A solution to this problem has been found by our collegues on the reef central forum.
    Osram 1-10v signal amplifier
    this will boost the maximum from 10mA as specified earlier in this topic to 100mA, while drawing only 1.5mA
    so theoretically you could have 4 Osram signal amplifiers on each L port with each of those having 30 meanwell drivers, so 120 meanwell drivers per L port and if each meanwell driver has 13 Cree XPG LEDs in series thats 1560 XPG LEDs controlled by one Profilux L port.
    Last edited by camnbron; 08.05.2010 at 12:29. Reason: Added theoretical amounts.

Great find.

While checking out the device on the osram site.
    I found out they also have DALI CON 1-10v LI => So dali to 0-10V. (for the ones like me who already have dali ) but find dali drivers to expensive/not guite there yet.

Only the price :
    *OUCH*
    on elktroradar.de DIMSA 117 €
    DALI CON 147 €

guess I will stick to the eldo drivers. ( at least think about them until I start building my led array's
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 08.05.2010 at 16:48.

Hi all,

I was going this road first and posted it on RC. Sorry I didn’t do it first here, but that LED thread there is more alive. Look it up from here: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...78127&page=135
    First I tried to DIY an amplifier, but after experimenting and lose of some money I give it up and was looking for an off-shelf solution and the Osram DIM SA is it.

By the way you can get it somewhere around 70E